Frangipani / Plumeria Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Round one is actually a limited success. Despite the color, the flavor is acceptabe. i backsweetend it pretty hard and it is a semi sweet almost desert wine now. Actually tasty, (mostly the raisins) and has a nice light aroma.
i bottled two liters and put another in the fridge. My daughter and SIL both said it’s not bad.

OK so I am pleased now with this wine. I backsweetened enough so it isn’t really a “drink a whole glass” wine but more of a small glass desert wine. I have 3 bottles put away and one in the fridge that I just sampled again and it was pretty yummy. Plumerias don’t have a lot of blossoms right now. If they don’t put out a flush in the next few weeks I’ll have to wait for early next summer for another try.

Pulled this bottle out of the fridge for a small snort today. It’s very nice. It has aged well if that’s even possible in the refrigerator. really nice taste. Sadly I have about 1/4 or less of the plumeria plants I had before hurricane Ian. I’m thinking I might get enough for a one gallon batch late this spring if I “accidentally” snip some blossoms from my neighbor.

i have two bottles of this aging in the “wine closet” storage. Gonnabreak one out in Januarywhen my daughter comes down from NY for a visit. thinking Of what juice to use next time. I used hibiscus tea I believe last time.. I want a light juice of some sort to go with the raisins.

Pulled this bottle out of the fridge for a small snort today. It’s very nice. It has aged well if that’s even possible in the refrigerator. really nice taste. Sadly I have about 1/4 or less of the plumeria plants I had before hurricane Ian. I’m thinking I might get enough for a one gallon batch late this spring if I “accidentally” snip some blossoms from my neighbor.

i have two bottles of this aging in the “wine closet” storage. Gonnabreak one out in Januarywhen my daughter comes down from NY for a visit. thinking Of what juice to use next time. I used hibiscus tea I believe last time.. I want a light juice of some sort to go with the raisins.
Glad it’s getting better with time… and so sorry about you losing plumeria plants… that‘s too bad. One of these days I’ll get to making one.

Back