Frangipani / Plumeria Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For future reference and if you plan more flower wines, I'm very happy with 71B and my flowers.

Also, this early in the process and having used boiling water, I would mix that baby up. Don't stir, make it foam!
From what I've read boiling can remove some free oxygen.

Last edited:
I understand the color issue but I'm sure there was good stuff in the raisin water. I'm sure the color will change with time. Hopefully in a good way.

Glad it tastes good!

Last edited:
Excellent!
Right now I have 5 flower wines in secondary and the flavors are so surprising. I'm surprised their use isn't more widespread.

I'm thinking that like fruit they'll need a bit of back sweetening to bring back the flavor. I'm months away from finding out.

1.031 today. 😁I can taste the sugar turning to alcohol. I hope it keeps some of its flavor. I can tell the flavor is dissipating a bit.

Well it made it down to 1.022 and it was starting to lose a little flavor. So it was time to lose the flowers and raisins and off to secondary.

It’s picking up a little strength but the color ! ?

If it keeps it’s taste and clears a little I can live with the color.
85A58C94-0691-4FBF-8003-74AEAB8C5B78.jpegF7B5EA9A-3AAD-400C-BA0A-3868DBBFB4F8.jpeg

Slowly turning a little more towards red and less cola colored.. might finally be getting some of the hibiscus tea color coming out.

imight take another shot at this before the plumerias stop flowering.

Slowly turning a little more towards red and less cola colored.. might finally be getting some of the hibiscus tea color coming out.

imight take another shot at this before the plumerias stop flowering.
From experience I thought the color would improve.

As a reminder, flowers can be frozen.

Yes, they can be dried, too, but it seems to me if it's losing moisture it can be losing something else. No proof, just opinion.

OK. The color is still awful. Flavor… not superb. It’s got a little burn.
did second racking today added a little more backsweetening. It was 1.011.
the portion I had under airlock in a .750ml tasted slightly vinegary maybe. I played with it a bit so maybe I can drink it anyhow. That’s going in the fridge to sip while vegatating watching TV etc. for now the gallon goes back to aging.

i made need it’s carboy soon so that might go in fridge soon as well.

next time no hibiscus tea or old brown golden raisins.
11B32457-1442-4D37-8474-A4F99015774B.jpeg0BB4D7E5-2F6B-4F5D-9339-BC1A0A743942.jpeg

Latest posts

Back