• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Trade: Table & Wine Grape Vines for Fig (NJ)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedSun

Gardener
Reaction score
I started those grape vines about 4-5 years ago. Those are the extras that I do not need. I can dig up in the fall in dormant season. Here is what I get:

Himrod
Concord
Venus
Reliance
Glenora
Vanessa
Marquette

I have multiple of each variety.

Some are very large and the middle ones are smaller.

Look for fig plants or/and cuttings.

Prefer local trade close to Princeton. Will dig them up for sale in the fall.

What figs are you looking for? I have only Chicago Hardy and Violet deBordeaux . Those are working well here, mid-Maryland. I would potentially be interested in Marquette and Glenora, but it would be winter before I'd get to New Jersey.

I'm going to move those vines this dormant season. They get big and big each year. I can sell them at eBay if I need to.

I already get Hardy Chicago. VdB is fine. Really want to build up my fig collections.

I started those grape vines about 4-5 years ago. Those are the extras that I do not need. I can dig up in the fall in dormant season. Here is what I get:

Himrod
Concord
Venus
Reliance
Glenora
Vanessa
Marquette

I have multiple of each variety.

Some are very large and the middle ones are smaller.

Look for fig plants or/and cuttings.

Prefer local trade close to Princeton. Will dig them up for sale in the fall.
Hello, where are you located? I'm new to this (3yrs) & have lots to learn but would Luv to acquire Glenora & Marquette vines🍇

Red sun, I just ran across this post so I am a little late here.
I grow a cross between black mission and turkey fig. took several years at nearby university to get a stable cross. Figs are about 2 oz each, very sweet when very very ripe. I have been making wine from them for several years and everyone loves it. Also make preserves, jam, vinegar etc... one tree 8 years old gives me 6-8 lbs per week from early august till frost. ( maybe Dec..) in zone 8b. Not sure how N.J. weather will treat them.
I usually prune in Jan. and will send you a dozen cuttings if you want them. The cuttings have about 80% success rate.
P.S. Due to a severe hurricane in the test field,the variety was knocked out enough to where no patents were applied for. It will just be a legal to propagate, unknown variety.

Hello, where are you located? I'm new to this (3yrs) & have lots to learn but would Luv to acquire Glenora & Marquette vines🍇
Red sun, I just ran across this post so I am a little late here.
I grow a cross between black mission and turkey fig. took several years at nearby university to get a stable cross. Figs are about 2 oz each, very sweet when very very ripe. I have been making wine from them for several years and everyone loves it. Also make preserves, jam, vinegar etc... one tree 8 years old gives me 6-8 lbs per week from early august till frost. ( maybe Dec..) in zone 8b. Not sure how N.J. weather will treat them.
I usually prune in Jan. and will send you a dozen cuttings if you want them. The cuttings have about 80% success rate.
P.S. Due to a severe hurricane in the test field,the variety was knocked out enough to where no patents were applied for. It will just be a legal to propagate, unknown variety.

I would Luv that depending on $$
Also No worries on lateness, we All do that😂

I'm located in central NJ, near Princeton area. Most leaves have dropped. After a week or two, I'm going to cut the tops and get prepared to dig them up for new homes....

Let me know if anyone is still interested. Most of the table grape plants are very large and vigorous. Marquette still strong.

Photo update.

Attachments

• IMG_9071.JPG
    IMG_9071.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9073 2.jpg
    IMG_9073 2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
I don't think I have plants to trade, deer issues mean I need to wait. If you end up with cuttings you could send after pruning up the plants, I'd be interested in trying to start some.
I'm located in central NJ, near Princeton area. Most leaves have dropped. After a week or two, I'm going to cut the tops and get prepared to dig them up for new homes....

Let me know if anyone is still interested. Most of the table grape plants are very large and vigorous. Marquette still strong.

I just dug some of the grape plants. They all have long healthy roots. I collected some cuttings too. So if you are close to my area, you can have some.

Attachments

• IMG_9131.JPG
    IMG_9131.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
Back