• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale-375 mL Matte Black wine bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DanT

I have 44,000 beautiful bordeau style 1/2 bottles with food-grade matte black coating with 28/400 threaded opening. Very sophisticated... perfect for something mysterious. Will sell all or part. Cost 60¢, will sell for 30¢ + shipping.

very nice Dan, but two questions...

1. where the **blip** are you? North America? Russia??

2. what kind of caps do these bottles take? 28/400 means nothing to me. Presumably 28mm. does a PET bottle cap fit??

Steve

Well done Whinemaker, a bottle with a 28/400 cap. Still don't know what the 400 means but the picture appears to show a very standard screw-on cap. The bad news is that the cap may not be very good for aging.

Steve

Thanks Steve.. Looks to be the same type of cap on a bottle of hot sauce I have at home. I agree, not good for long term, but not bad for something like an Island Mist kit or early drinking Ice Wine.. I wonder if Dan will post his location.. I would be interested in about 60 of those bottles if shipping doesn't kill the deal.. Also, they sell shrink bands for these at that other site..

Fair point Whinemaker. But I have a tendency to want to bottle mist kits in larger bottles not smaller bottles because it disappears quickly. But having smaller ones for single servings on a picnic or at a party sounds OK too.

Steve

Fair point Whinemaker. But I have a tendency to want to bottle mist kits in larger bottles not smaller bottles because it disappears quickly. But having smaller ones for single servings on a picnic or at a party sounds OK too.

Steve

Or for gifts..;) Leave the bigger bottles for myself.. :D

Not crazy about giving them as gifts in the black bottles though... But at least his post has given me some ideas for inexpensive alternatives to the "expensive" 375ml Ice Wine bottles..

Latest posts

Back