• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For sale: 100 L marchisio stainless steel vc tank

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poni

Reaction score
hi ya,

I am selling my unused 100 Liter stainless steel variable capacity tank. The stock airlock has been cut to accommodate a bung and water air lock. This is unused, clean, and perfecto! includes lid, lid gasket, and lid gasket pump.

Please PM me your email for any pics.

asking $300, local pick up. I live just outside of pittsburgh, pa

Unless someone can talk me into keeping it! ha!

8840_4856406978280_1008694021_n.jpg

Oooooh boy. I was sorely tempted. Let me know if it doesn't go through.

eh it was just i got the tank, and then i needed a pump and then i needed a new gasket for the lid etc. i may just keep it, but it was just once i got it, it was expense after expense. i dig the tank. i just wasnt prepared for everything i needed to get to use it. thanks for looking, if i decide to let it go or my friend doesnt want it, i will let ya know!

Poni what made you decide to sell it? What is the alternative. Beer kegs?
Dan, How many kegs are you up to? Can you really get them for just the deposit? Of course I could buy full ones and throw a party!

Dan, yes, please share how you source your kegs. I've been trying to find some but the local liquor stores won't play.

eh it was just i got the tank, and then i needed a pump and then i needed a new gasket for the lid etc. i may just keep it, but it was just once i got it, it was expense after expense. i dig the tank. i just wasnt prepared for everything i needed to get to use it. thanks for looking, if i decide to let it go or my friend doesnt want it, i will let ya know!

Dan, How many kegs are you up to? Can you really get them for just the deposit? Of course I could buy full ones and throw a party!

Poni, I think I mentioned that to you when you were looking. I don't have a floor drain which you need when washing or rinsing it out. Additionally like you said a pump is a must if you own a tank.

DemiJohns are nice and I have a few but they're so freaking fragile.

With the kegs they're easy to move and wash when empty over a laundry sink with the Buon Vino Jet Spray wand. They can set on a moving dolly from Harbor Freight (about $14) when full which makes them easy to roll around the basement. Plus they're indestructible and don't warp like tanks and tank lids.

Phil I only have one so far. Presque Isle Wine Cellars sells the bungs that will fit them. When you go to the beer distributor just ask if you could have one for the $30 deposit. Be selective on who you ask. Usually the younger kids will do it with no problem. The owners often will also if they know you as a regular.

M and M in Hartford has them with the ball knocked out that will fit a demijohn bung. They get somewhere in the area of $55 for them though.

Latest posts

Back