For my next trick....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaman2151

Reaction score
With my IM coming to a close, I have decided to try a red burgundy:
http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=3192

Hopfully this will turn out well,
smiley4.gif

I find the VR reds to be a little thin. If you like Burgundy wines, just go for a good Pinot Noir (which is what a Burgundy Red is anyways). I'd go for the All Juice Pinot. You'll end up with a much better red wine. Pinot's are light bodied wines that go great with game birds!

I made the following up around the first part of the year and bottled Saturday. I had most of a full bottle left, so I am trying some after settling a couple days. It is quite good even at this young age and has just a bit of oakiness and better body than the 7.5 liter kits for only a few dollars more.

<TABLE =maintable borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=2>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>Item Number</TD>
<TD>3591</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Description</TD>
<TD>

California Trinity Red

An ideal blending of three of California 's most popular grape varieties - Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot, com ing together to make a perfectly balanced, well- structured dry red wine.

10 litres of premium grape fruit concentrate and ingredients, equipment sold separately. Makes 30 - 750ml Bottles (6 gallons).

</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Current Price</TD>
<TD>$67.99</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Status</TD>
<TD>Stocked</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Order</TD>
<TD>Order</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Picture</TD>
<TD>
WV_lg.jpg
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Flavor</TD>
<TD>Cabernet Franc</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Brand</TD>
<TD>World Vineyard</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Manufacturer's Description</TD>
<TD>An ideal blending of three of California 's most popular grape varieties - Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot, com ing together to make a perfectly balanced, well- structured dry red wine. Notes of black cherry and coffee complement the smokey, herbal flavours, and hints of vanilla that round out this medium bodied wine , making it highly enjoyable for any occasion. Serve with a roast dinner or barbecued steak.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Sweetness</TD>
<TD>0</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>F-Pack</TD>
<TD>N</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Type </TD>
<TD>Regular </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Intensity </TD>
<TD>1</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Minimum Recomended Aging </TD>
<TD>2 Months</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Wine Peaks At </TD>
<TD>2 years </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

We bottled this California Trinity Red in Feb. of 2007 and started drinking it in August. It is very good. I would say that it is better after decanting for even 30 minutes, if not an hour!! It is very good!!! I plan to purchase another kit!!

Francie

Scuba,
If you want to pull a good rabbit out of your hat, seriously consider upgrading from the Vintner's Reserve to the World kit. Bullwinkle highly recommends it!
smiley2.gif

That's good to know PWP. I just bought one of those...Australian Shiraz. I'm planning on ditching the oak "powder" that came with the kit and instead use the hungarian house oak.

Good choice. The best VR kit, in my opinion. I've made this one several times. I like it aged at least 8 months, a year is even better.
Dave

Scuba, congrats on your first batch. I enjoyed your process thru out.
uavwmn

Dean said:
I find the VR reds to be a little thin. If you like Burgundy wines, just go for a good Pinot Noir (which is what a Burgundy Red is anyways). I'd go for the All Juice Pinot. You'll end up with a much better red wine. Pinot's are light bodied wines that go great with game birds!

Dean, I was contemplating purchasing the MM All Juice PN in November. Does the PN varietal come through well on the finished product?

appleman said:
I made the following up around the first part of the year and bottled Saturday.
Did you add any raisins to the WE Trinity? Do you detect any kit taste?

dfw
No I just made the kit per instructions with included ingredients to see how this compares to the cheaper 7.5 liter kits. I don't detect any kt like in some of the 7.5 kits and even some higher end kits. For less expensive kits for everyday drinking this seems to make a pretty good wine. I wouldn't hesitate making it again, realizing it is not a $150-200 wine.

Latest posts

Back