flowers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
ok, first MY BAD,, i've seen flowers several times but since I've never had any, well ,, in one ear and out the other, this is a apple i got 4#-6's but only this one has flowers, not to mention in all my years, first as a fetch boy, then in latter life a so so wine crafter, this is around 15 to 16 ABV,, some how with decent clearance, about 2 inch, yet this S airlock had apple in the airlock, all my airlocks has a K-meta solution in them, so can i suck out the contaminate, top up and carry on, or dose it need dumped, frig me a running
IMG_0338.JPG :slp
Dawg

Rice_Guy

Reaction score
to the extent you can dab it out with a paper towel, you say you run high alcohol so you shouldn’t be seeing the issue,,
* your wine level is low, gently add some grain alcohol / don’t mix it
* flowers requires oxygen, again low wine level and treat the carboy with K meta to make it reductive again

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
oh the wine level was lowered to take better pictures, but i forgot that the S airlock looked to have wine in it, unlike the other 3 which are clear, i think i got around 19 carboys bulking all good of different wines, all have only the neck for head space, and not a clue unless someone bumped that carboy, i have been trying to teach my nephew how to craft, i keep k-meta solution in all my S-airlocks, with what has been said, and knowing headspace was good, and wine in the airlock, I think a bump happened,, and was not mentioned to me, so i figure,,, a set down and a exaptation of how things like that if not brought to my attention, equals problems, i use only S airlocks to make sure of no leaks, and no way wine can be in airlock without a pretty hard bump, well it is a year old so, back sweeten, bottle and drink up,
thank yawl,
Dawg

Latest posts