Floor corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappy

Reaction score
Picked up this old Italian floor corker today for $27. Money well spent I reckon. Will still be some time before I get to use it but that gives me plenty of time to collect another 100 odd bottles I need.20180405_193502.jpg

It looks like a little cleaning and lubrication and you'll be good to go.

Good find! I put genaric rubber leg tips on mine to prevent it from scratching the floor or scooting around. Enjoy

Last edited:
I wouldnt be with out my floor corker, saves lots of time. $27.00 that was a good score, I picked up 10 cases of bottles from the local winery yesterday.

The action seems nice and smooth and it's well lubed. So will give it a good clean up and lube with fresh food grade stuff and be good to go I think. Wish I had something to bottle now but at least it's all there for when the wines ready. Now to find some good quality corks all I can seem to find is rubbish. Hoping one of the winemakers I know can sell me a few.

I opted for a table top corker, works exactly like a floor corker but with out the longer legs. I mounted to to a varnished piece of wood so I can put it on a counter top and clamp it down if need be. No bending over, I just stand and cork away.

Very nice find! Wish i could find a deal like that as a corker is the one thing I don't yet have! :b

I got my first Italian Floor Corker when my wife traded it for a used lawn mower. The woman she traded with, her father had passed away unexpectedly and she needed a lawn mower. We used it for five years. The plunger was bent just a little bit when we got it, but we made it work.
Have one just like it. Works great! Enjoy.

My corker has a rubber pad on the plate where the bottle sits....fairly hard rubber, but some cushion none the less. I see that bolt head looking thing in the middle of your plate....wondering about flat bottomed bottles breaking during the corking. You may want to find you some rubber/cushion material....maybe cut up one of those thick foam drink Coozies...or a piece of old car tire tread. Just a thought.

My corker has a rubber pad on the plate where the bottle sits....fairly hard rubber, but some cushion none the less. I see that bolt head looking thing in the middle of your plate....wondering about flat bottomed bottles breaking during the corking. You may want to find you some rubber/cushion material....maybe cut up one of those thick foam drink Coozies...or a piece of old car tire tread. Just a thought.

I’ve got the same corker. They’re made pretty well. It looks like a bolt sticks up because the center of the plate is recessed lower to not contact the bottom of any style bottle and the paint just doesn’t wear away there. Tough to tell in initial picture. Here’s a clearer image. IMG_2636.jpg
2ED8134E-58B0-415B-99B6-54E54714CD43.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve got the same corker. They’re made pretty well. It looks like a bolt sticks up because the center of the plate is recessed lower to not contact the bottom of any style bottle and the paint just doesn’t wear away there. Tough to tell in initial picture. Here’s a clearer image. View attachment 49077
View attachment 49078
I borrow the same corker from my local shop when i need one, i just havent gotten the time to go buy one.

Latest posts

Back