Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bruce, are they dumping nuclear waste in that area? Do those fish glow in the dark? How old would a fish like that be? I am not a fisherman so I have no idea how long fish live.

Ct.'s record is 75.6 lbs so not far off. The world record is 92 lbs!!! Imagine hooking on to that cow!

I just checked the life span and it can be up to 30 years! I nver would have guess that. I would have said maybe 5 to 10 years. I mean, just think of all the things you did up to your 30th birthday.

WOW!! Definitely not the same as our stripers!! I think yours would be a lot more fun. I guess I should have checked with my son before asking if they were the same. He used to guide salt water fishing out of Ocean City, Md.

Congrats on that Scott! Going for a long ride tonight to meet a fellow fisherman who I met on a fishing forum who has many years in NA fishing and he's going to show me a hot spot and share a few beers. Hopefully I break my bad streak in this dang sodium water tonight!

Wade we have white bass here in Arkansas. They generally only get up to a few pounds and look like miniature striped bass. These are probably what Barney is referring to. Also have yellow bass which look basically the same as white but are yellowish instead of white on the sides. Our fresh water striped bass (fresh water relatives of the salt water striped bass, I think) get up to around 30lbs but I've never caught one of those - yet.

Dang, all this fishing talk is makin' me want to get off my rear, brave the heat and humidity, and head to a lake
smiley36.gif

You are right dragonmaster! That is the same white bass that we have in WI. In some areas they call them stripers. I talked to my son who formerly guided in Md and he corrected me. Salt water stripers are huge.Different names in various areas!!!!!

Hayward Wi, where I live now is the Musky Capitol. In fact this week is Musky Fest and the town is crowded with Musky Festivities

My oldest son called me earlier and is taking Dad to his secret honey hole late tonight to sling some eels for stripers!

I grabbed some mackerel and squid for tonight. Dont really have anything to keep eels in but will grab something in awhile for that as Im hitting wally World to get some other stuff anyway. Never played with those eels yet but have read in many places they are great bait for Stripers. Ive heard to keep them on ice so that they go sort of dormant until they hit the water and wake up otherwise they are not fun to get on the hook!!!!! Take some pics there Scott!!!

Nice night fishing with my son at his special spot and it produced 4 nice stripers and 3 were keepers...fish and chips tomorrow!
smiley20.gif

eels on ice is the way to go Wade......keeps them quiet but still very slimy

I got skunked again with the exception of another spider crab!!! I need to get some dang eels. I bought a cooler to hold them or any other bait now so next time. I used squid, mackerel, and threw a ton of hardware out last night. I got a lot f tail slaps but no good hits. Ive been told not to use sand worms by someone as they usually just get very small schoolies but at this point Ill take that if eels dont work over here! I just cant catch a break in the salt water and Ive been almost everywhere in this state now.!!!

Wade
How exactly are you setting up your tackle? Are you using any fish finders or " slides"? If its really tail slaps that you are feeling and they are not running with the baits there is something that they are not liking.

Yea, Im running sliding fish finders only in the currents and use no weights when I can do without.

What about your leader? could they be feeling that? What size hooks? Maybe they are just tiny rats and just mouthing the baits?? Have you tried plugging? A nice small plug with a teaser will usally get those little rats.

Latest posts

Back