Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7.0 hook, 25 lb mono with 35 lb mono leader about 2'. Ive been throwing all kinds of lures out there along with a Sluggo. Should be going again Tuesday night and the DEP report says its picking up again where Im going with chunks and live bait.

Wade,
I gotta tell you,That is the same set up I use so I am stumped. I guess all you can do is keep at it. thats why its called fishing and not catching right?
smiley2.gif

Is anyone else in the area having any luck?

Finally had some good luck tonight in the salt water and hooked this big Bluefish which put up one heck of a fight!!!!
20110728_233545_DSC00040.JPG

Hey Wade,
Just found this picture. Glad to see you are having luck. Hows it been since the 28th?
Did you see that the new world record bass might have been beaten? I saw a pic today of a bass that was supposed to be 81.8 lbs? WOW what a cow

Yep, I saw that. Just short of 82 lb caught in my state!!! I went to Rhode Island today and caught Scups almost every cast. I was really going there for Blues or Stripers but there were just too many people out on the point and it seemed like no one could cast straight out so lines were getting tangled constantly so I backed down the Breach-way some and went with the smaller fry. Other than that it seems to want to rain heavy every time I get out to the surf. I went out early this week and with a storm coming. The storm seemed far away still when I was casting until I picked up my pole and took a small shock as I guess some ions were charging up in my rod so I immediately packed it up and git the F out of there with tail between my legs! I did enter a CT Bluefishing contest in which you have 1 1/2 days to catch the biggest Blue. 1st prize is $25,000, 2nd place is $10,000, 3rd is $3,000, 4th and 5th is $1,000 and then all the way down to 32nd place is all $200 a pce. After fisj=hing the beach today I spent 4 hours taking apart all my reels and cleaning them all up. Why, because my kids were at the beach also so I went over to them and put my poles on a chair I brought and my daughter seen the chair and decided she wanted to sit there and put my 3 new poles down in the deep sand getting all the sand deep into all 3 reels.
smiley7.gif
smiley35.gif
I could have killed her!!!!!!! I hope I got it all out by 2 of my reels are bait feeders so taking them all apart is a little scary as it gets pretty intricate in there, I did the best I could but can still feel a little grit in there. I pit a lot of lube in there so hopefully it gets worked in to the lube and Ill clean them out again after like 2 more times fishing before the contest hopefully.

Hey Wade,
good luck with the blue fish tourney. Thats quite a nice prize pool. Can you fish from a boat or is it just surf fishing?
I hope that fish from your other post ( a tale of a fish) isnt the one that was just caught.
smiley19.gif
If you are talking about the bait runners when you say bait feeders I know what your talking about. They do get quite intricate in there.

From shore or boat for the Tourney. Yes, I am talking about runner. Different brands have different names. Shimano uses Bait Runner, Penn uses Live Liner, Okuma uses Bait Feeder, and Diawa uses Bite & Run.

I am not afraid to take anything apart and put it back together again, except a BAITRUNNER!!! Still have some old Mitchell 300s that have been apart hundereds of times since we were kids, they dont really make that little clicking noise anymore but everything else should be ok. CC

Went out on a charter boat in Rhode Island and had a blast. My biggest was a 51" Striper but also caught a 39" and a 33" and then some big Blues also. Grabbed a Albacore also. Also caught a small Sea Bass and a small Fluke in which neither where big enough to keep.
Albacore.jpg

RIboatfloor.jpg

Striper.jpg

Going out tomorrow and Sunday so hopefully I can catch some more big ones.Going from shore again though but the big fish are starting to come back in as the water is finally starting to cool down.

I fish here in Texas, on the coast...Is the fluke what we call a flounder...
For us, we cant keep anything under 20 inches.
We fish for speckled trout, redfish, flounder, red snapper...mostly
Right now the water is just getting right for our summer fishing.

jamesngalveston said:
I fish here in Texas, on the coast...Is the fluke what we call a flounder...
For us, we cant keep anything under 20 inches.
We fish for speckled trout, redfish, flounder, red snapper...mostly
Right now the water is just getting right for our summer fishing.

image-2409251511.jpg

Fluke

Holy smokes buddy. Thats one for the books. Can I say right fckng on!!

Thats a beauty for sure.
:fsh

Latest posts

Back