Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We fish smaller rivers and creeks alot for native Smallmouth... they are a ton of fun, fight as well as anything, and live in remote areas.....And you can just about always count on em to give you some action.... in all seasons.... Good excuse to get the boys out too.

And yes we do catch some 'non target species'.... IE: the last couple of pics..

0613132032a.jpg

0725131928b.jpg

0613132028b.jpg

0627131536a.jpg

0517131620.jpg

0723121910c.jpg

0821121558a.jpg

Last edited:
Man have I been killing it the last few nights. I even got a huge freshwater fish while targeting Striped Bass in an area where the fresh meets Salt at night. Some will say this is a Walleye, some will say this is a large mouth bass. Im not sure as it has the pectoral fin of a walleye but had no teeth and was the color of a bass. The other pic is 1 of 17 fish I caught last night alone and the smallest was 31"

Walleye maybe.jpg

3 24 14 (1).jpg

Man have I been killing it the last few nights. I even got a huge freshwater fish while targeting Striped Bass in an area where the fresh meets Salt at night. Some will say this is a Walleye, some will say this is a large mouth bass. Im not sure as it has the pectoral fin of a walleye but had no teeth and was the color of a bass. The other pic is 1 of 17 fish I caught last night alone and the smallest was 31"

Nice work wade! That is one awesome fish:db
Sure does look like a walleye to me!

Nice catch Wade.
You sure look bundled up. I don't think I could fish when it's that cold. 65 degrees is about my minimum.

I can't wait to go fishing. They closed the speckled trout season till June because of the big cold spells we had so I guess it's reds and strippers for awhile.

I would say a Sauger but it has teeth also:slp Please let us know when ya find out it also has characteristics of a Saugeye but then again it has teeth also! Did it put up much of a fight without teeth? Nice catch whatever it may be. Whats for dinner? lol

Last edited:
Nice job Wade! It does look like a walleye body with a bass head and gills. Weird!!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

This weekend I am going fishing for the first time this year, hope the weather will be nice and the fish ready to be caught.

Yesterday was our second night of fishing leagueImageUploadedByWine Making1400592586.708358.jpg
Just over 20". Not bad for a Minnesota bass

To bad bass isn't open yet. This one would have been a bunch of points.

Memorial Day I'm heading to Lake Superior for some trout and salmon fishing

Last edited:
Thanks, Just a small league. Only 7 boats in it. I think the official name is Toms fishing league.

That's awesome. I'd love to be in a league but I don't have a boat. It's a dream of mine to get one some day

Just got back from a 3 day fishing trip off of Ft Myers Beach & Sanibel. Got lots of small stuff. BUT got my first Gag Grouper trolling! In 15' of water. Season is closed for another 5 weeks but was exited to catch it trolling. Also got some nice Spanish Mackerel 20" to 27" trolling. We fish during the day & boat camp at night on a 25' walk around cuddy which I just added AC to last week. Roy

Back