Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vegitarian Grouper

This was shot a few years ago. We were off shore out of St Pete just horsing around.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djeJ4dyhy30[/ame]

RR

Went lo Lake Superior yesterday. Caught a few coho salmon. It was hot out but you can't tell from the picture. Had to dodge some ice bergs ImageUploadedByWine Making1401189925.484867.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1402542218.107663.jpg
Brought my 2 year old daughter fishing for the first time. She loved it for ten minutes. Then I put a couple sunnies in a 5 gallon bucket. That kept her busy for the next hour

Hit Lake Superior again yesterday.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1403436155.517327.jpg

I'm the better looking of the three. On the left ;-)

ImageUploadedByWine Making1403436254.103033.jpg

I know others get out fishing. I'm starting to feel like this is Calvin's fishing blog.

Lookin' good Calvin. It looks like some of those fish have spots. Steelheads? Browns? Nice shot of the ghost of the Edmond Fitzgerald.

Old but still good.

First time out trolling was by far the best.

Love to catch them and eat them but cleaning them drives me nuts

My first pike.

Lookin' good Calvin. It looks like some of those fish have spots. Steelheads? Browns? Nice shot of the ghost of the Edmond Fitzgerald.

All lake trout except 1 small king salmon

Plowboy, that's awesome. Some day I hope to get out to Erie for those monster walleyes.

Plowboy, that's awesome. Some day I hope to get out to Erie for those monster walleyes.

Yep, reports are starting to come in about the bows and eyes starting to run around the point. I swear long point is a sportsman paradise. Some of the best fishing and waterfouling in Canada.

I'd love to tell you where this is at but... Anyway, the female is to the right, the males are lining up to spawn. Four fish total.

fishing021-1.jpg

We just did our first fishing of the year (all of a couple hours) last weekend. Don't get out too much these days with the kids, but I'll take it where I can get it!

Had good luck right off the bat: first 5 casts got me 5 jacks! Good eating for lunch that day. After that it was all about my daughter and teaching her how to cast and reel in. She caught one of her own too :)

Spent the day on Erie today. Caught a 2 man limit of small mouth bass in a hour or two. No whoppers but it made for a full bucket.

After that, it was off to the deep. It was a learn on the go experience since I have never trolled before. Despite being a total noob, we still managed to get a walleye in the boat and almost a rainbow. Had it at the side of the boat and it got tangled in the net and the hook popped out. Oh well, I'll get him next time.

My friend with his eye

9abesy6y.jpg

I've already sunk one boat, don't plan on doing it again lol

The current boat can handle a little chop. Little bit longer and a little more power.

At least it was tied to the dock and not in the middle of the lake

We where fishing inbetween the main land and the island. We where anchored out of the wind but the wind switched directions and blew us into the shore line dragging the anchor the whole way. Could not get the motor started, it happened that fast. It was a crazy wind too. A tornado actually touched down 100kms away that same day. We where marooned on the island overnight. Makes for a good story and I actually sold that boat for a small profit after all was said and done lol

I can think of worse places to be stuck. The cottagers that took us in for the night where really nice.

Even the boats tied off and lifted didn't fair so well.

Now I've got the old floater. Much more faith in this one despite already having to rebuild the motor. A oil line rotted out and cooked some bearings. But she runs like a champ now.

Back