First try!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdricODoom

Junior
Reaction score
So I'm gonna do it...I've been putting it off for years.
Could anyone give me some easy steps? I've watched a few vids and found one on Honey Wine and it looks....almost to easy. I don't really care about taste (for now) I just wanna do this and see how it turns out. So, can anyone give me an easy route? Something thats ready to drink in two weeks?

NOTHING is ready in 2 weeks!
I would suggest to get one of the WE Island Mist kits. That would take 4-6 weeks and 2 weeks in the bottle before drinking.

Wow, nothings really ready in 2 weeks! Making wine is a patience thing! There are a few kits that can be done in 4 weeks and are good but even then 4 weeks is usualy just not enough. A fruit wine will take more time then that and Meads(honey wines really take the longest to mature with the exception of some really good reds that need about the same time and we rae really talking about at least a year. If you want to go the easy few week route then I suggest a Mist wine kit which is a lower abv wine like around 7.5 abv and you could always add some sugar to those kits which can up the abv some but it will void the warranty but they always work fine. Do you have any equipment to make wine as you should. Please dont go the no equipment route or you will be lost and your wine most likely wont come out to good and we wont be able to help you figure out what is wrong either. I recommend this site down at the bottom for you to browse around at some equipment and will add some must haves for right now, Also please fill in the location area for where you live so we can also better help you decide what is available to you more locally. I implore you to get a Hydrometer before trying to make wine if nothing else. You will need a corker also and must say that for the little money extra a Portuguese floor corker will make the job way easier. A bottle tree and sulfiter attachment will make botting very easy and all these things are not absolutely needed but will save you time and much effort. Check out the site below for equipment kits and access. and wine kits. Wine kits have all that is needed except corks and bottles, fruit wines you will need yeast, yeast nutrient, enzymes, acids, k-meta, sorbate, and many other things. Welcome and feel free to ask anything you need to know.

http://www.finevinewines.com/index.htm

So, can anyone give me an easy route? Something thats ready to drink in two weeks?
Easy route? Depends where you live. Is there a "Ferment on Premises" in your neighbourhood?

Two weeks? Depends where you shop. Does the retailer deal in the 7 day accelerator kits? If you're in Canada, look for a ine Kitz store.

BTW, that's a 7 day fermentation. The wine will still be a **BLIP** of a lot better several months later. I have never tried the 7 day accelerators, and probably never will.

Steve

I use the Turbo yeast for something else but not wine and let me tell you its very vigous and wouldt recommend for a wine.

This girl on youtube..I can't post the link since I have to post 10 times made some honey wine and only let it sit for 2 weeks. If you want to see the video go to youtube and type in "Honey Wine" It SHOULD be the first vid.
Thanks for the tips guys but i'm not talking about making good wine i'm talking about mix it up wait 2 weeks get drunk wine/beer/mead or whatever. =\

Interesting video..someone has already tried it according to the reviews..

Why don't you make it and come back in two weeks with the verdict?

or..

What about making beer kits? It takes a week to ferment. You should leave it at least 3 weeks in the bottle before drinking. However it sounds like you're up for drinking stuff young..

Allie

Last edited:
I will, since it's already done. Now I just have to wait for 2 weeks >.> I'll be honest too. If it's terrible I'll tell you---But you must be warned I drink Milwakuee's Best and nothing can be as terrible as that lol.

If you add a few more ingredients and give it a couple months you can make a batch of Ancient Orange Mead and have something good to drink. I watched that video. You are going to have an alcoholic beverage in two weeks. I don't know how good it will taste. I made a batch of just table sugar, water, and wine yeast once. It was a pretty nasty tasting experiment. Let us know how you like it. I doubt many will follow up and try a batch themselves. :) Believe it or not, this will teach you the basic skills to make a good wine in the future.

hehehehe,

I have no idea what 'Milwaukees best" is..

however having tried xxxx and also victoria bitter it is probably on a par..

by the way, why do australians call their beer 'xxxx' ?

( because they can't spell 'beer')

Allie

hehehehe,

I have no idea what 'Milwaukees best" is..

however having tried xxxx and also victoria bitter it is probably on a par..

by the way, why do australians call their beer 'xxxx' ?

( because they can't spell 'beer')

Allie
It is the signatures of the 4 guys who started the brewery lol. Milwaukees Best is a cheap beer. Not all that bad, I have had worse.:b

It is the signatures of the 4 guys who started the brewery lol. Milwaukees Best is a cheap beer. Not all that bad, I have had worse.:b

I thought that milwaukee's best is cheap as it gets lol.

I really don't know what i'm doing...so, I picked the thing that looks easiest. Once again, if you have recipes 'n such to throw at me please do and i'll try them....oh yeah, directions would help. =)

One thing I have learned on here is patience is a wine's best friend. The more time you put in it the better wine you get out. Oh yeh there are a couple beers cheaper than Milwaukees best, only a couple ha ha

milwaukee's best

In college, we refered to milwaukee's best as "The Beast". Don't bother, just drink water.

So I'm gonna do it...I've been putting it off for years.
Could anyone give me some easy steps? I've watched a few vids and found one on Honey Wine and it looks....almost to easy. I don't really care about taste (for now) I just wanna do this and see how it turns out. So, can anyone give me an easy route? Something thats ready to drink in two weeks?

Are you referring to the one that is made in a plastic milk jug, honey, bread yeast, raisins, with a balloon on top?

I thought about doing something like that, or one of the grape juice methods on you tube.....but I just could not imagine that it would be that simple to come up with a good tasting wine or mead.... I am glad I didn't do it to be honest with you.

Yes, you could get a gallon of yeast, water honey and rasins to ferment out in two weeks, you could even drink it....but I think you will be very disappointed. But is should be a fun little science experiment..hope it does not ruin your desire to make wine or mead in the future!

Looking forward to your results!

Back