First timer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brand123

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,
i am new and trying to make wine but my problem is i am in the place where i cannot get wine yeast and any other things, i have bought baker’s yeast, 3KG of peach, 20 liter jar, white table sugar 3 1/5 KG and one balloon to cover my jar, thats all i can get here.

Do you think only above recipes are enough for making my first wine? if yes how much bakers yeast for 15 Liter wine? is 3 and half KG of sugar is enough? Any more information is so much appreciated.
Thank you
:b:b

Cant even order online? I'm sure you can get a hydrometer. You'll need one or two of those and they should be available because they are considered "scientific equipment"
Where are you from?

Hi Brand123,

Welcome to the site. I agree with Xanier82, you should try to get some equipment and wine ingredients. Since your list was not in ounces and gallons, I am assuming that you live outside to the US. We have several members who live in other countries, if you list your location I am sure someone can come on and advise where you can buy online.

Can you make wine out of what you have? Probably but I am not sure if you have the right amounts because my head works around gallons and ounces. What I do know is you will not have much control on how your wine comes out if you do not have the proper equipment and ingredients. I would hate to see you get disappointed your first time around.

Hi,
i am new and trying to make wine but my problem is i am in the place where i cannot get wine yeast and any other things, i have bought baker’s yeast, 3KG of peach, 20 liter jar, white table sugar 3 1/5 KG and one balloon to cover my jar, thats all i can get here.

Do you think only above recipes are enough for making my first wine? if yes how much bakers yeast for 15 Liter wine? is 3 and half KG of sugar is enough? Any more information is so much appreciated.
Thank you
:b:b
Let me guess you are from the middle east? You need more.. like
hydrometer K-Meta and more depending on what you want to make.
What are you planning on making?

hello and welcome to the the forum Brand..

You've got 7 pounds of sugar, 7 pounds of fruit and you are making 3 and a half gallons of wine out of it.. by my calculations.

Do you have a recipe? if so can you please post it for us to have a look at, that way we can give you a hand with it..

In the meantime put the fruit in your freezer ..

You'll need to have a look at some recipes online ( there are recipes in the recipe section here also) and adjust your ingredients. The amount of fruit you have, isn't enough for a 3 and a half gallon volume of wine in my opinion..

Allie

Latest posts

Back