Quantcast

First timer

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Brand123

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,
i am new and trying to make wine but my problem is i am in the place where i cannot get wine yeast and any other things, i have bought baker’s yeast, 3KG of peach, 20 liter jar, white table sugar 3 1/5 KG and one balloon to cover my jar, thats all i can get here.

Do you think only above recipes are enough for making my first wine? if yes how much bakers yeast for 15 Liter wine? is 3 and half KG of sugar is enough? Any more information is so much appreciated.
Thank you
:b:b

xanxer82

Reaction score
Cant even order online? I'm sure you can get a hydrometer. You'll need one or two of those and they should be available because they are considered "scientific equipment"
Where are you from?

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Brand123,

Welcome to the site. I agree with Xanier82, you should try to get some equipment and wine ingredients. Since your list was not in ounces and gallons, I am assuming that you live outside to the US. We have several members who live in other countries, if you list your location I am sure someone can come on and advise where you can buy online.

Can you make wine out of what you have? Probably but I am not sure if you have the right amounts because my head works around gallons and ounces. What I do know is you will not have much control on how your wine comes out if you do not have the proper equipment and ingredients. I would hate to see you get disappointed your first time around.

Tom

Reaction score
Hi,
i am new and trying to make wine but my problem is i am in the place where i cannot get wine yeast and any other things, i have bought baker’s yeast, 3KG of peach, 20 liter jar, white table sugar 3 1/5 KG and one balloon to cover my jar, thats all i can get here.

Do you think only above recipes are enough for making my first wine? if yes how much bakers yeast for 15 Liter wine? is 3 and half KG of sugar is enough? Any more information is so much appreciated.
Thank you
:b:b
Let me guess you are from the middle east? You need more.. like
hydrometer K-Meta and more depending on what you want to make.
What are you planning on making?

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
hello and welcome to the the forum Brand..

You've got 7 pounds of sugar, 7 pounds of fruit and you are making 3 and a half gallons of wine out of it.. by my calculations.

Do you have a recipe? if so can you please post it for us to have a look at, that way we can give you a hand with it..

In the meantime put the fruit in your freezer ..

You'll need to have a look at some recipes online ( there are recipes in the recipe section here also) and adjust your ingredients. The amount of fruit you have, isn't enough for a 3 and a half gallon volume of wine in my opinion..

Allie

Latest posts