First time using real grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your idea to blend a bit to reduce the brix. Your numbers are right on for what you're thinking. From what I can tell these are the 3 scenario's you mentioned.

1617599100951.png

To your point if you're planning on blending all 7 together you wouldn't need to waterback, and saignee is optional depending on the style you're going for. I actually built this calculator (took quite a bit of work!), but would be happy to share any scenario you're thinking of to help you plan. Below would be an example of the plan for the 7 bucket blend you're thinking of doing.

1617599533709.png

Jezroti,

I wish that were an easy answer. There are quite a few calculations built into this, about 400. But the more complex calculations focus on the volume of wine at different stages relatives to berry size and initial weight, PH adjustments, oak dosage, and the interaction saignee and waterbacking has on each of these. I posted the oak dosage portion of the calculator if you wanted to see an example of what goes into it here:

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/thre...rel-program-with-oak-cubes.73487/#post-789820
Otherwise, I'm happy to share an output with you if you want to give me the initial inputs (highlighted in orange).

Latest posts

Back