First time suggestions and recipe?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beyondhuman

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everybody

I am planning to start my first batch of wine in early September and am working out the last few kinks needed to get things started. I have all my equipment for a 6 gallon batch all I need now is a recipe.

I was thinking of possibly making fruit wine because I know where to get wine grapes from and doubt that I would be able to obtain them in early september for a very reasonable price. Specifically I was considering a strawberry/peach or strawberry wine because I have a fair amount of experience making what is essentially prison wine from my younger days and found that strawberry and peach make fairly good brews.

However, I have not made any serious wine before and I have to bow to experience...does anybody have any recipe suggestions for a first time?

Also any general winemaking advice for a first timer is welcome as well.

Thanks

EC Kraus has a list of recipes on their website. I have made some really good wine using those recipes.

There are plenty of "FRUIT" winemakers here. I for one do a fair amount of fruit wines. When you have decided what you are gonna make ask in the fresh fruit forum here.
Also, look on this site for Recipes on fruit wines.
How big a batch you plan on making?

Almost all fruits will make a good wine if the recipe is good. Please figure out what wine you really want to make and we can suggest a recipe for you. Some of the recipes on other sites are old and very high in alc. and low in fruit which produces a very hot wine with little or no flavor. Welcome to this site, you do have a hydometer right as thats 1 tool for winemaking you should not do without and its cheap.

Latest posts

Back