First time Homemade Wine Advice.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turpincc28

Junior
Reaction score
I would like to have some advice on the process I just went through on muscadine homemade wine. 12LB muscadines, 4lb sugar, 1 tablespoon of pectic enzyme, 2 teaspoons of yeast, and 12 pints of water. I just let that recipe set for 6 days in the primary 4 Gallon and then syphoned to a secondary 3 Gallon carboy. I now have what I have read on the internet is yeast floating to the top (White flakes floating to the top). I would like to know if this is going to ruin the wine and also can I taste the wine now to see if it is somewhat ok? How long should I let it set before it taste somewhat ok?

Also is that recipe have too much or to little of something?

I would like to have some advice on the process I just went through on muscadine homemade wine. 12LB muscadines, 4lb sugar, 1 tablespoon of pectic enzyme, 2 teaspoons of yeast, and 12 pints of water. I just let that recipe set for 6 days in the primary 4 Gallon and then syphoned to a secondary 3 Gallon carboy. I now have what I have read on the internet is yeast floating to the top (White flakes floating to the top). I would like to know if this is going to ruin the wine and also can I taste the wine now to see if it is somewhat ok? How long should I let it set before it taste somewhat ok?

Also is that recipe have too much or to little of something?
Since it has been about 9 months since this posting, how did the wine turn out?

Latest posts

Back