Long story short some scumbags put needles in strawberries here in Australia and I managed to score a heap of fruit for less than half regular price (fruit is bloody expensive here). So I decided to have a crack at a Strawberry wine as I've always been interested and now was the time. Here goes: 10 pounds strawberries 1 pound raisins 6 pounds sugar 1 tsp tannin 3 tsp tartaric acid 2 tablespoons pectinase 2 tsp yeast nutrient 2226 Rhone yeast left over from last vintage Water to 3 and a bit gallons volume. I chopped all the strawberries and raisins and added sugar then 2 kettles of boiling water. Stirred until all well mixed and added pectinase when cool with 1 crushed campden tablet. 24 hours later added water to 3 and a bit gallons until I got sg of 1.110 and pitched yeast. Racked to 3 gallon carboy this evening after 7 days. Didn't do gravity reading but ferment slow and still active. Smells like a clean ferment with wonderful strawberry aroma. So much sediment so I think this will need a bit of patience to clear. I'm excited at the thought of drinking this on the deck at the beach house next summer.