Mosti Mondiale First Mosti Kit Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sudz

Sudz
Reaction score
We're starting our first Mosti kit which was supplied with a nice grape pack. The Mosti instructions have one adding this pack directly to the must and later you need to use cheese cloth to strain out the remnant material. This seems awkward to me trying to fish the solids out of the wine after fermentation.

I had rather place the grape solids in a bag prior to immersion into the must as we do on our other kits. Removing the solids later is simply a matter of squeezing the bag and tossing.

Would I be compromising this wine kit by doing this instead of doing what they suggest?

Is there some better way of managing this grape pack?

Thanks...

I don't know why they do that. In fact, leaving the pack loose allows the contents to fall to the bottom or stay on top - neither of which is desirable. My suggestion is to do it your own way but be certain to keep the cheesecloth from drying out.

I have used a grain bag for the skins/raisins in the MM kits without any issues.

Search this forum there are countless discussions of in the sack or loose. Most of us have done the dump them in loose method exactly once and then gnashing and grinding of teeth swear "never again"! Dumping in loose is kind of a right of passage. :h

Latest posts

Back