First Mixed Berry Batch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chilkat

Reaction score
I made a mixed berry wine to begin with and that worked out great. Mostly because I didn't know any better. :) It was very simple and very lucky that it turned out as well as it did. It was basically 14lbs mixed berries, 6 pounds of sugar, 1 package of Red Star Premium Blanc yeast, 4 gal spring water.

I had no clue about aerating and degassing so the must just sat on top of the liquid the entire time. I didn't sanitize. I didn't nurture. I didn't take an SG. I waited for three weeks and then took the fruit off, racked to second carboy.

It turned out great and I can't wait to do it the right way and I'm here for some help doing that.

I'm planning on doing this again with the new techniques I have learned. I haven't looked around here much yet so there might be some really good information.

I'm excited.

Welcome.
Sounds like you already aswered some questions you didn't know you had.
If it worked before "do it again" just test it first and write things down.

Mixed berry is one of my favorite wines. I make mine from juice concentrate from www.homewinery.com , I mix 1 each of blueberry, blackberry, strawberry, and black raspberry. Their mixes say they make 5 gallons each but I mix it to make 4 gallons each for a better flavor.

You make 16 gallons at once? That's a phenomenal idea and delicious!

Welcome.
Sounds like you already aswered some questions you didn't know you had.
If it worked before "do it again" just test it first and write things down.

Hey mead maker - I've got a batch of traditional brewing right now. One gallon - 4lbs Clover honey - Premium Blanc Yeast. Started 08May18 and still degassing and going down SG. Last time I took it, it was 1.040. SG start was 1.130 - so basically, rocket fuel with flaws.

Latest posts

Back