First Labels! - Château Jones

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skiboarder72

Reaction score
Up until now, I've either been to lazy to make a label, or not proud enough to think my wine deserved a label. Well now that I've made a few wines that people actually seem to enjoy, I've decided to make a label! Enter Château Jones!

20100816_wine_tour_0007.jpg

Here are a few of my first wines to get labels. My fresh strawberry wine (made from 26lbs of fresh cut strawberries!) and orange-chocolate port.

20100816_wine_tour_0001.jpg

20100816_wine_tour_0006.jpg

20100816_wine_tour_0004.jpg

I like the idea of just changing the circle colors on the wines to resemble the wine. Great idea. Kind of like what Ive been doing with different color backgrounds and fruits or grapes at the top. Here is my standard label lately.

BlackCurrant.jpg

Peach.jpg

Project1.jpg

your labels are beautiful.
i have a question about your lemon mead...is it similar to skeeter pee, only with honey instead of sugar?
i also love the color choices on your apple!

They are all good looking labels... So far I've just stuck a sticky label on them with my terrible hand writing so I know what I'm drinking.

haha thanks everyone,

to answer your question... yea the lemon mead is pretty much like skeeter pee, I was on the fence about calling it "skeeter mead" :)

Great lables. I have a question on your strawberry wine. What was your ending SG? I have a batch going and I have back sweetened but i wanted to see where mine compared to other strawberry wines.

Great lables. I have a question on your strawberry wine. What was your ending SG? I have a batch going and I have back sweetened but i wanted to see where mine compared to other strawberry wines.

Didn't take a final SG... its semi sweet though, i would guess 1-2% residual sugar, wanted to keep it light

I know we have covered this like a million times but while we are on the subject can people just give a quick run down of the programs they used to create these labels?

Latest posts

Back