Quantcast

First Labels! - Château Jones

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

skiboarder72

Reaction score
Up until now, I've either been to lazy to make a label, or not proud enough to think my wine deserved a label. Well now that I've made a few wines that people actually seem to enjoy, I've decided to make a label! Enter Château Jones!

Here are a few of my first wines to get labels. My fresh strawberry wine (made from 26lbs of fresh cut strawberries!) and orange-chocolate port.

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi skiboarder72

Nice labels.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I like the idea of just changing the circle colors on the wines to resemble the wine. Great idea. Kind of like what Ive been doing with different color backgrounds and fruits or grapes at the top. Here is my standard label lately.

BlackCurrant.jpg

Peach.jpg

Project1.jpg

countrygirl

Reaction score
your labels are beautiful.
i have a question about your lemon mead...is it similar to skeeter pee, only with honey instead of sugar?
i also love the color choices on your apple!

wineaddict

Junior
Reaction score
Here are my first two labels, just to do something a little different.

Label #10002.jpg

Label #10001.jpg

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
They are all good looking labels... So far I've just stuck a sticky label on them with my terrible hand writing so I know what I'm drinking.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Here are my first two labels, just to do something a little different.
Wow those are some really pretty labels. Lots of class. I like the one with the wine galss on the retaining wall and the grape vine coming into the picure.:br

skiboarder72

Reaction score
haha thanks everyone,

to answer your question... yea the lemon mead is pretty much like skeeter pee, I was on the fence about calling it "skeeter mead" :)

ffemt128

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Great lables. I have a question on your strawberry wine. What was your ending SG? I have a batch going and I have back sweetened but i wanted to see where mine compared to other strawberry wines.

skiboarder72

Reaction score
Great lables. I have a question on your strawberry wine. What was your ending SG? I have a batch going and I have back sweetened but i wanted to see where mine compared to other strawberry wines.
Didn't take a final SG... its semi sweet though, i would guess 1-2% residual sugar, wanted to keep it light

Dufresne11

Reaction score
I know we have covered this like a million times but while we are on the subject can people just give a quick run down of the programs they used to create these labels?

Latest posts