First go at pee (green pee at that)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you asked if there is any other type of sulphite available that may be a little different and not cause you to react ?

never really looked into it, once it was confrimed by the doctor I just left it at that and try to avoid as much as I can. Believe it or not the way I found out was in bath soap. When they tested me for the reaction that is what they said I was reacting to. They did 200+ allergy test to find it, really that is not as bad as it sounds. LOL

Finally got another hydrometer and tested the SG and it was at .998 so it got racked yet again and a little sobate was added. The smell has gone away but I still don't think it smells just right. I just got an acid test kit so should I do a test on it to see if there is a acid problem. Considering it is a citrus wine I would expect the acid levels to be high, what about the pH should that be low. Since this is such a small batch I want to use it for learning what can and cant be done, and if I loose it to using too much of something that would be ok, at least it isn't a 5 gallon batch.

I'm going to try the lime this time instead of lemon in my next batch of SP . I will use lime inplace of the lemon juice but follow the recipe exactly ,well I shouldn't say exactly because I don't have a good slurry to start it with only a Pomegranate one & I don't want that flavour in the limeade . Also going to add some mint to it they say it tastes like mojito when you do that . But what I can't decide is weather to put the mint in at the start or after I put it in the carboy .

Darlene - how did this turn out? I would love to make a Mojito like kit on the cheap. Just about to bottle my first batch of regular pee.
Cheers!
--
Darren

Darren,
I haven't made a straight lime Skeeter Pee, but from the posts of others, it seems like the best tasting way is to make it 2/3 lemon and 1/3 lime. The lime flavor comes through without being too strong.

As for the rotten egg smell issue mentioned earlier in this post, make sure your batch gets the nutrient and energizer, be sure to whip it enough to get some oxygen in it occassionally during the ferment, and don't let it get too warm. Anything over 80 degrees and you'll increase the likelihood of rotten egg development.

Good luck.

would you add the 2 lemon and then the lime as the last juice addition, or what?

Hi Lon,
Just saw your updated graphic on your website welcome screen.
Its AWESOME!

Its my new label for my first batch of pee. Hope you don't mind. Just bottled it about an hour ago. This stuff is great!
Thanks again!
--
Darren

Hi Lon,
Just saw your updated graphic on your website welcome screen.
Its AWESOME!

Its my new label for my first batch of pee. Hope you don't mind. Just bottled it about an hour ago. This stuff is great!
Thanks again!
--
Darren

When you're happy, I'm happy. Glad to share. Send some photos of people enjoying your creation and I'll post them on the website.

Back