Other First FWK Cab Sauv Issue

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much head space is there when you rack to the six gallon?
I just don't want to mix wine anymore. I think being freshly dosed with k meta and the wine degassing it should be ok for 2 weeks. Hopefully im not wrong. I also applied vacuum to the carboy this time. I know it doesn't remove all the o2 but whatever I can do to help.

I just don't want to mix wine anymore. I think being freshly dosed with k meta and the wine degassing it should be ok for 2 weeks. Hopefully im not wrong. I also applied vacuum to the carboy this time. I know it doesn't remove all the o2 but whatever I can do to help.
Reputable vendors, including Winexpert, state that the carboy does not need to be topped up. Folks have reported that this is correct.

However, IMO this is fine as long as you're bottling on kit schedule (4 to 8 weeks duration). If bulk aging longer, I'd top up.

For 2 weeks? You should be fine.

Reputable vendors, including Winexpert, state that the carboy does not need to be topped up. Folks have reported that this is correct.

However, IMO this is fine as long as you're bottling on kit schedule (4 to 8 weeks duration). If bulk aging longer, I'd top up.

That's what i figured. Itll clear enough in 2 weeks or even less and than ill re rack to 5 gallons

Your bubbler is your pressurized guide knows what it’s telling you.
Also dry nitrogen or argon gas is another source, if you want think about racking down another possibility

Back