Other First FWK Cab Sauv Issue

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
I have found that most of my six gallon carboys are six gallons and one quart filling to within one inch of the bung.

Mine are almost exactly the same: I get ~31.5 bottles come bottling day, which works out to 6.25 gallons.

Vlabruz

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much head space is there when you rack to the six gallon?
I just don't want to mix wine anymore. I think being freshly dosed with k meta and the wine degassing it should be ok for 2 weeks. Hopefully im not wrong. I also applied vacuum to the carboy this time. I know it doesn't remove all the o2 but whatever I can do to help.

Reaction score
I just don't want to mix wine anymore. I think being freshly dosed with k meta and the wine degassing it should be ok for 2 weeks. Hopefully im not wrong. I also applied vacuum to the carboy this time. I know it doesn't remove all the o2 but whatever I can do to help.
Reputable vendors, including Winexpert, state that the carboy does not need to be topped up. Folks have reported that this is correct.

However, IMO this is fine as long as you're bottling on kit schedule (4 to 8 weeks duration). If bulk aging longer, I'd top up.

For 2 weeks? You should be fine.

Vlabruz

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reputable vendors, including Winexpert, state that the carboy does not need to be topped up. Folks have reported that this is correct.

However, IMO this is fine as long as you're bottling on kit schedule (4 to 8 weeks duration). If bulk aging longer, I'd top up.

For 2 weeks? You should be fine.
That's what i figured. Itll clear enough in 2 weeks or even less and than ill re rack to 5 gallons

Latest posts