First-ever crazy crust pizza

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMMM! That is a KEEPER, right there. This one was Italian sausage-mushroom-green pepper. My gosh...

(I know some folks don't like browned cheese, but I sprinkle garlic powder on mine to make it brown intentionally.)

I liked the one I made yesterday so well that I made another one today to slice up and put in the fridge for snacks. This one is mushroom-black olive-green olive-fennel-Italian sausage. I put the garlic powder under the cheese this time.

IMG_2385.JPG

But how chewy is that crust? I add gluten to my dough to increase the chewiness... and I have recently been making a pesto from kale (kale, walnuts, Parmesan, garlic and salt ) and using that as the sauce over which I add Mozzarella and a few leaves of kale to decorate the topping. I make the dough with a mix of 2:1 bread flour: whole wheat + 2 T of gluten and I add onion, garlic and Italian or French herbs to to the dough in addition to oil, salt and sugar

Back