First Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_rayway

Always busy
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I'm really excited to say I entered the local wine competition about a month or so ago. I entered 5 wines: 4 Country-Style, and 1 kit (red).

I received Silver medals for all of the Country-style wines and a bronze on the kit! Soo excited!!!

Hopefully I'll have the report cards back soon so I can see what the remarks are.

:db :db :db :db :db

Thanks all :)

I entered:
- New World Order Rhubarb Berry Melomel (first mead I ever did)
- Belligerent Blackberry Melomel
- Raving Raspberry Melomel
and...I can't remember the fourth! Lol. I'll have to check my notes.

The Kit I got bronze for was the CC Sterling Malbec/Shiraz.

That truly is awesome. Keep up the good work.

What moved you to enter the competition?

Last edited:
We like to put the medals on one bottle and save that one for last, when its empty we just toss the metal in the box with all the others :) WVMJ

Thanks all :)

I entered:
- New World Order Rhubarb Berry Melomel (first mead I ever did)
- Belligerent Blackberry Melomel
- Raving Raspberry Melomel
and...I can't remember the fourth! Lol. I'll have to check my notes.

The Kit I got bronze for was the CC Sterling Malbec/Shiraz.

bkisel - it was the local home winemaking club - they highly encouraged it for the feedback I would receive.

Lol Jack - that's hilarious! I can't help thinking that winemaking is one of the most temporary forms of art :)

Go franki! That's awesome! Let us know how you do :)

Ray-Way-To-Go!!!!!! :db:db:db

What I like to do with my medals is to frame them in 4X6 inch frames and use my labeler to print a sticker with the year and vintage. I then hang them up in my man cave.

Lol JohnT! I need to build me a 'man' cave. Or I could hang them in the music room with my G'N'R jacket...kind of like rock and roll hall of fame, but wines!

Seth, I'd love to enter one over there one day, but I think I'm going to need to put in a lot more work and get a bit more experience before I could justify it. In fact, I would just love to attend the competition! (as she gets an evil glint in her eye)...

Thanks again everyone, it was such a rush! Gotta start planning for next year!

Congratulations!! I remember when I won my first medal. I swear my feet didn't touch the ground for 2 days.

Latest posts

Back