First Bottling...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo46307

Reaction score
...went very smooth.. :D

I bottled my WE Selection Merlot kit after work today, everything went very well. I got a Ferrari automatic filler with the equipment kit, and it worked great. The fill level was very consistent, and believe it or not...I remembered to shut it off after every bottle. :eek:

Double lever hand corker with #8's was no problem, some of the corks were a mm above the lip, some below, some just right, I can live with that. I'll try #9's on the next batch, and if it's too much of a hassle, I'll probably buy a floor corker. (who am I kidding, I'll probably buy one anyway).

I had two helpers with this batch...my two Labs, Sydney and Sammy...so I think I'll name this wine my "Hair of the Dog Merlot". I just have to consult their reps about the graphics for the labels.

I only got 29 bottles out of the kit, I think I sucked up some sediment while filling the last bottle, so I'm destroying the evidence as we speak. :cool:

Peace,
Bob

I guess no one told you about the "Wine Gods"
What happens in winemaking is the Wine God without you seeing DRINKS a bottle of the GOOD wine. That's why only 29 bottles.

Last edited:
I guess no one told you about the "Wine Gods"
What happens in winemaking is the Wine God without you seeing DRINKS a bottle of the GOOD wine. That's why only 29 bottles.[SIZE]

I can not confirm nor deny any existence of the "Wine God"...I can only confirm that I have 29 bottles.

*sip*

:D

Peace,
Bob

And at this point the verdict of taste was?????????????:)

I'm used to fairly inexpensive wine, so I can only base my observations from the < $10 Merlot's that I've had. It tastes very smooth compared to what I'm used too. I don't taste the same kick, but feel the same effects. That could be just a subjective reaction, because of the work I put into it, who knows.

I'll let this batch age for a couple of months and then try it again side by side with a commercial wine, but I think this is a winner already.

Peace,
Bob

Latest posts

Back