First batch ruined!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gloo

Reaction score
I'm not a patient person and praticing the three P's was hard enough for me but then my son decided to throw in a fourth P. Ummm can you guess???

He peed in my wine. He's 3 1/2 and don't know what the hell he was thinking but he peed in my wine. It was more then 3 week along. Anyways tomorow the husband will fix me something to keep my wine safe.

I still can't believe it!

This has to be a first!!!! No matter what you try to prepare for in our wine preparation there is always a new disaster waiting in the dark!
Jim

I'm not a patient person and praticing the three P's was hard enough for me but then my son decided to throw in a fourth P. Ummm can you guess???

He peed in my wine. He's 3 1/2 and don't know what the hell he was thinking but he peed in my wine. It was more then 3 week along. Anyways tomorow the husband will fix me something to keep my wine safe.

I'm Sorry but that is funny stuff :s:gn

No, we saiud Skeeter Pee not Peter Pee!!!!!!!! Very sorry to hear this but with kids so young you really need to get this far away from where he can reach it, especially if this is a glass carboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just too much!! I suggested this as a theoretical scenario a few weeks ago in another thread on " unwanted additives" but never thought it would actually take place. The good news is that it won't actually hurt it!

Just be thankful you found out - before consumption!

My 3 year old just woke up crying - dripping nose I grabbed a kleenex and made her blow - what I thought was a big snot ball turned out to be a sticker from a Golden Delicious Apple! Reminds me of an old Cheech and Chong skit...

Is it still in the primary cooking along? The yeast will eat the nitrogen, the proteins will drop out, it wont kill your yeast, you got kids so everything you touch in your house already has some pee on it, what can it hurt? :):) Crackedcork

I was reading this thread think I bet this is the first time someone does not say it might stil be good let it finish and see.

Then CrackedCork just had to say it

Is it still in the primary cooking along? The yeast will eat the nitrogen, the proteins will drop out, it wont kill your yeast, you got kids so everything you touch in your house already has some pee on it, what can it hurt? :):) Crackedcork

It was a 5 gallon. And yeah I guess it's a good thing that I caught him but it also makes me wonder if he did it before. Anyways live and learn. My husband will fix a spot for me in the kitchen island so that won't happen agin.

My husband said we should bottle it and give it to people we hate. :)

Although it is not a very pleasant experience now, in a few years it will be very funny and it will be a moment in your son's life that you will never forget.

My husband said we should bottle it and give it to people we hate. :)

:br I agree. Once people find out you are making wine, seems as though they all want some. You could bottle it and label it "Special Blend for Special People" ;)

I believe human pee is sterile, it may just add enough acid to make a great wine...

Try my new wine it has a really:
#1 strong finish.
#2 a flavor I can't quite pick out.
#3 great flavor if you don't mind the ammonia odor.
#4 really... let's just say it reminds me of my children.

Just a few. bk

My husband fixed something for me to store my wine into. Bonus now my wine is really in the dark.

You do realize now you need to call him "Skeeter". When he gets older you will need to make him a batch of Skeeter Pee and tell him it was named after him- and then tell him the story!

So he pulled the airlock off... then peed in the neck of the carboy?

I just can't visualize a kid that age being able to do that!!

THAT is talent!

Marketable, well, maybe not!!

America's Funniest Home videos would have been interested!!

Debbie

Would pics of this area be an option?

This is an island that the previous owners built and we we're going to make a better one but it works just great for my wine. My husband had to take a shelve off and make the bottom sturdier. Also I keep my buckets in rubermaid containers because I put jars filled with hot water inside to keep it warm at night. Picture 1207.jpg

This is the wine just a few hours before my son peed in it. I took a picture because I could see it was begining to clear.Picture 1206.jpg

So he pulled the airlock off... then peed in the neck of the carboy?

I just can't visualize a kid that age being able to do that!!

THAT is talent!

Marketable, well, maybe not!!

America's Funniest Home videos would have been interested!!

Debbie

Haha yep that's what he did.

Latest posts

Back