First batch of Dragon Blood wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoonakwa

Reaction score
Well, I just racked my DB from the secondary fermenter. It is pretty dry right now and I do not want to over sweeten it. Think I will add 3 cups of sugar to see how that does. Any thoughts?

DD's instructions: "Add 4-5 cups of white granulated sugar" But, I prefer 3.
Start with 3 ... you can add more if you want it a bit sweeter. Enjoy!
Thanks thats what I was thinking as well. This being my first batch and as I am new at this. I did not want to go too sweet to start. I must say for a dry wine I really like the flavor, just need to sweeten it up for the wife. She does not car for dry wines, and I feel a berry wine should be sweet as well.

Thanks thats what I was thinking as well. This being my first batch and as I am new at this. I did not want to go too sweet to start. I must say for a dry wine I really like the flavor, just need to sweeten it up for the wife. She does not car for dry wines, and I feel a berry wine should be sweet as well.

I lean more towards the 5 cups in 6 gallons. It gives me an end product with a gravity reading around 1.010. We like our wines sweet though and it's all a matter of personal preference!

Latest posts

Back