First Batch Completed

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsa46

Reaction score
My first batch of Skeeter Pee is finished and bottled in 1 gallon jugs.

I back-sweetened two jugs with simple syrup at SG 1.012 and SG 1.02. One jug was BS with Vavel Strawberry syrup to SG 1.025.1 gallon was BS with Vavel Raspberry syrup to SG 1.02 and 1 gallon was BS with Belveder black currant syrup to SG 1.024.

There's not a single one that I don't like and very hard to pick my favorite at this time.

I'm planning in making at least 20 more gallons throughout the Winter so there's plenty for family and friends to enjoy come Summer.

Wow, the SG is pretty high, or does the extra sugar balance the acidity from the lemon? I added too much sugar to a Cran-Grape wine (1.010). I was told to add acid blend to it, it worked.

Nice, hope you enjoy the hobby. Skeeter Pee and the various options thereof (adding fruit ect) make it fantastic, a nice basic option is dragonsblood.

Wow, the SG is pretty high, or does the extra sugar balance the acidity from the lemon? I added too much sugar to a Cran-Grape wine (1.010). I was told to add acid blend to it, it worked.

1.01-1.012 is what most of my friends and myself like. I do make some with a SG of 1.02 for those that enjoy it that way.

A member that makes over 100 gallons of SP a year messaged me and said he backsweetens ALL his Skeeter Pee to SG 1.02 and runs out every year.

1.01-1.012 is what most of my friends and myself like. I do make some with a SG of 1.02 for those that enjoy it that way.

A member that makes over 100 gallons of SP a year messaged me and said he backsweetens ALL his Skeeter Pee to SG 1.02 and runs out every year.
At the end of the day, as long as you enjoy the wine, that's all that matters.

Back