First batch a winner!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerjack

Junior
Reaction score
I'm proud and happy as a new father :)

I ran the Merlot, Cabernet, Granacha mix from the Cheeky Monkey brand bought from E.C. Crouse.

It was a white knuckle ride since this was my first, new things being done blind are half fun and half nerve wracking.

Once the bound CO2 was whipped out of it the taste finally became less scary and more mellow. With just one month of aging it's really becoming a joy to drink. Had family over for dinner and a party last night and six of us went through a gallon and a half and the verdict is unanimous - make more!

So the balance of this batch will be bottled and put in the proverbial cool dark place to see what time does for it.

Anyway, thanks must go to this community for making this process easier to understand. I didn't do much posting but did read for hours in the archives. Y'all rock! And I'm hooked.

Next batch, something white, and when my bees make me some honey - a mead.

Congrats on your success!!! Lol, start looking thru Craig's List for carboys cuz you are gonna need more :)

Welcome and congrats.
Good to have another bee keeper here
What part of the world are you in ?

Latest posts

Back