Finings before sorbate by mistake

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boozehag

NZ Artist
Reaction score
Hello fellow winemakers. have you missed me?????

Ive just been busy racking wine, of which most are finished and i was simply adding finings to those that need it. Thing is I added finings to a wine that I havent finished yet as in I havent added campden or sorbate. I realised my mistake when I had added part A to it and thought oh well might as well keep going and added part B as instructed.

The reading is .995 so its finished. My question is though what to do now? Should I leave it a while and then add the campden and sorbate or do that now? Will the finigs affect the wine or are they not important?

Cheers
Collette :n

If you just added the finings then add both the sorbate and sulfite now and youllbe fine. If its all in the process of clearing right now then you could add these 2 also but youll have to stir it al up again and wait for it to clear all over. You could also wait until its finished clearing then add these 2 but Id want to at least sulfite the wine to protect it very soon.

Hi Coll!!! I missed you. Was thinking about you a FEW times the last week or so. Was just about to ask G about you. Figured if I got her really mad, I could always sleep under YOUR porch!.

I hope the world finds you and yours swell and safe. Been missing you in here. You should see what G and Wade have done in here.
Troy
:p

Last edited:
Hi Troy, thanks for missing me!!!! lol

Musnt be long till you come to NZ then is it? Im prepping for my trip to West Yorkshire, cant wait to see my sister and her family, its been a while. Dont like the idea of cold weather but then a white Christmas is something Ive never experienced! Should be fun.:sn

Hey Boozey
I bet you're looking forward to your trip. Don't forget to go visit my rellies while you're there. My Aunt Ivy said she'll make some of her cornish pasties for you to try. sneak some into your case fro me!!! oooh arrr.
ask her about their homebrew, i seem to remember Mum telling me about them making something lethal!
Cheers
wawa

Oh Wawa thats a good idea, get me her contact details and Ill catch up with her for sure, her pasties sound divine and I bet I could get some fab wine receipes off her!
Im leaving on the 16th December but we have at least 2 wine club meetings before then anyway. See you at the one tomorrow.

Hey I can take some of your lovely date scones over for aunty if they let me take them on the plane of course! Maybe your rum-balls will be safer? Have you contacted her yet and let her know Im coming? Im ok for lodging...make sure shes not expecting an unwelcome guest!!!!!:d

Troy when are you visiting NZ? And what are your plans?

geez Coll, I was hoping like around February. But 2 months ago I broke the "living snot" out of my foot. It has been 8 weeks and today was the first time I was able to walk with a shoe on that foot. DOC said 8-10 weeks, and I refused the suggested surgery, and he said to add a couple more weeks if I refused.

Just had to turn down a job that offered me $42/hr US because I can't crawl a ladder. I am still excited about coming your way before spring, and right now that seems a long way away. Been like -20F here and it IS going to get colder.

I had a plan, but obviously that has been altered. Gonna try real hard, wanted to bring my Mum with me. Guess I just have to see how it goes. Every morning I wake up and look forward to having a little more ability and mobility restored.

I'll be fine. I am trying to meet Leane at the North Pole for New Years. It doesn't look favorable, but if you see here in the UK be sure to give her a hug and share a toast for me.

My hurting is nothing, our ole buddy Wade, his wife , and his ma need more than I could ever ask for.

Thanks for thinking of me. I still have all intentions of heading your way. I am trying my best not to peese off G. I may need a bale of straw to sleep on.!!! LOL
As much as I was tempted I have been refraining from any jokes regarding rhubarb!!

Take care Coll. Good to see you again. Your friendship isn't far from my thoughts. Stay beautiful. Hope to hear from you and see you soon.

Troy

:tz
:D
:b

Last edited:
Hi Leanne, yes i am. I will be visiting with my sister who moved over about 3 years ago, she lives in Keily.
I want to go to Portugal as well and perhaps a few trips to other close places. they seem so far away from here!!!

Sorry to hear about your foot Troy, that must suck! Hope you get better soon. Having broken my ankle several times I know what a hassle it can be.
Im sure your Mum would love to come to NZ. Its a beautiful country.

Latest posts

Back