Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,
Sorry I have been on hiatus but I have been busy moving my family to Italy. Finally we are settled so I am back in the loop. My first order of business here is getting Italian concentrates for you. =D
FYI, we also have a bunch of new red blends that we will be introducing very soon.
Hope you are all doing well.
Matteo

Hello All,
Sorry I have been on hiatus but I have been busy moving my family to Italy. Finally we are settled so I am back in the loop. My first order of business here is getting Italian concentrates for you. =D
FYI, we also have a bunch of new red blends that we will be introducing very soon.
Matteo
Can’t wait for the Italian concentrates!
I’ve been meaning to ask this, you’ve said the FWKs can go through MLF and I was wondering how much Meta K is in the starter pack? Can you give a breakdown of what is in the starter pack A? At least with respect to the Meta K and yeast nutrients? I’m interested in doing a coinoculation.
Forgive me if this specific question has been asked before,

Hello All,
Matteo
Congrats on the relo! Where-ish in Italy?

Cheers!

Congratulations on the move Matteo. I'm envious of what you get to do and now in Italy. I'm excited to hear you're going to start sourcing grapes from Italy. Looking forward to what you have. Let us know if we can offer suggestions on grapes. 😉

Can’t wait for the Italian concentrates!
I’ve been meaning to ask this, you’ve said the FWKs can go through MLF and I was wondering how much Meta K is in the starter pack? Can you give a breakdown of what is in the starter pack A? At least with respect to the Meta K and yeast nutrients? I’m interested in doing a coinoculation.
Forgive me if this specific question has been asked before,
Hey Jim!
The starter pack has 1/8 tsp of k meta. It’s a very low dose and should not cause any issues with coinoculation. The only thing I will say is that MLF will soften the wine. It may result in a flabby finished product. I’ve done MLF and I don’t prefer the outcome but that’s also my taste. I prefer aggressive acidity.

The rest of the starter is nutrient and acid blend. As for the amount of acid blend, I can’t give you an exact number because every kit has a different amount based upon the starting pH of the concentrate. But this is also a small amount of the total package. The vast majority is nutrient.
Congrats on the relo! Where-ish in Italy?

Cheers!
I’m about an hour north of Rome

Hello All,
Matteo
Matteo - this makes me happy on so many levels. I have dreamed of living in Italy for about 20 years. Originally I hoped to do it when my kids were younger, and that did not happen. Now I've revived the idea of moving there for a year when the kids are both done with high school in 4 years. So I love that you are living that dream.

Secondly, wine wise, the prospect of Italian concentrate sounds amazing. So many great varietals. And new red blends sound promising too. Salute!

Hello All,
Matteo

I'll cross my fingers that you source some Brunello and Nebbiolo Matteo! 😂

Hello All,
Matteo

Awesome news on both fronts! Congratulations!!

Any thoughts on the Sonoma blend? Sounds good. Does anyone know what it might compare to to try?

Sonoma Forte Finer Wine Kits are made from top quality California grapes. The Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Syrah blend was popularized in Sonoma. The chewy fruitiness of Zinfandel is complemented by the structure and tannins of Petite Sirah and the floral and peppery notes of Syrah that will keep your friends asking for more. This blend creates a dense and dark hardy red wine with blackberry, blueberry and plum flavors. This kit is only offered in the Forte Series.

Any thoughts on the Sonoma blend? Sounds good. Does anyone know what it might compare to to try?
It sounds good to me. While not quite in the same arena, I made a blend of 40% Zin, 40% Merlot, 20% Bordeaux grapes, which I really like. Depending on the ratio of Zin in this kit, I expect it will have characteristic Zin fruitiness with extra backbone from the other grapes.

@Matteo_Lahm, can you post the varietal ratios of the blend kits? I expect that will be helpful to folks in deciding what to buy.

It sounds good to me. While not quite in the same arena, I made a blend of 40% Zin, 40% Merlot, 20% Bordeaux grapes, which I really like. Depending on the ratio of Zin in this kit, I expect it will have characteristic Zin fruitiness with extra backbone from the other grapes.

@Matteo_Lahm, can you post the varietal ratios of the blend kits? I expect that will be helpful to folks in deciding what to buy.

Latest posts

Back