Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
East coast customers wiped out all remaining inventory
Crud. I'm out east and missed out on what I would have liked. Not only that, I live 6 miles away from Label Peelers. Not only that, yesterday I placed an order for another carboy and the sale wasn't listed yet. On the plus side, I don't have any carboys available anyway.

I guess we will wait to find what surprises Matteo will be bringing to market.

This totally screws up my summer wine plans. I was thinking of buying a couple bushels of peaches at the Raleigh Farmers Market, but ordering Frutta Strawberry and Blackberry messes that plan up. I guess I'll just have to live with it. :r

When I received the notice I considered purchasing Merlot, a Tavola (no skins) and a Forte, so I could compare them. By the time I made my decision, both were sold out. Oh, well.

My guess is LP is clearing the warehouse of the 2021 kits in preparation for the 2022's.

Last edited:
I got lucky and happened to be in between calls when the email went out. I grabbed the only red I haven't made yet (Syrah) and figured this was a great opportunity to try one of the frutta kits (blackberry). I'm not much of a fruit wine guy, but I've heard great things about that kit and I imagine it will be a crowd pleaser at cookouts in August.

I thought almost all of the kits were already sold out anyway. There hasn't been super tuscan for a couple months.
Just bottled the original Super Tuscan /w 2 skin packs after 12 months bulk aging. It reminds me of a nice Bordeaux - guessing Lodi Cab Sauvignon contributing to that. It's the best kit I've made so far.

Ok y'all, I got a humdinger for ya to try on a hot summer day! I made a "nitro Skeeter Pee" (jacked up abv to about 20%, max'd out EC1118 (chap'd the hell out of it and then added 6oz Everclear at bottling too) and then backsweetened it to 1.03 SG. I combined 4 oz FWK Strawberry, 4 oz Nitro Skeeter Pee and 4 oz of Seltzer.....BAM!!!! One kick ass summer strawberry lemonade spritzer (with a hell of a kick)😝😂👍

Ok y'all, I got a humdinger for ya to try on a hot summer day! I made a "nitro Skeeter Pee" (jacked up abv to about 20%, max'd out EC1118 (chap'd the hell out of it and then added 6oz Everclear at bottling too) and then backsweetened it to 1.03 SG. I combined 4 oz FWK Strawberry, 4 oz Nitro Skeeter Pee and 4 oz of Seltzer.....BAM!!!! One kick ass summer strawberry lemonade spritzer (with a hell of a kick)😝😂👍
Competing ABV levels with @hounddawg for sure. Congrats!

I did use @hounddawg's recipe as a guide, then Made a couple minor tweaks. Although, I think he uses a lot more Everclear than I did too. But the strawberry FWK mixed in really balances it all out
Careful!! With Dawg's version, people have been known to start drinking it on the front porch, then the next thing they remember is falling off the back porch!
:db

Too late!! They are all sold out now! East coast customers wiped out all remaining inventory right at about the time those on the West Coast were waking up...🤬😞😞😞😞😞🤷‍♂️
Just got off the phone with Label Peelers. The owners wanted to get rid of these older kits because a new shipment is coming in. There were very few in stock.

Latest posts

Back