Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have looked at my collection of Finer Wine pamphlets, and have said to myself (shaking my head) 'why don't they charge 2$ to include the instruction manual! I don't need it, and it provides a small revenue stream, and reduces expenses. However, I will say that they are well done.
Include a checkbox on checkout, 'Instruction Manual $2.' I know that this would alter how you do things, but I think it is worthwhile in the end.

Last edited:
It's called an insurance and liability policy.. without it people could claim defaulty product when it was simply user error. An if someone were to mishandle it and get sick, it's an insurance policy.

LabelPeelers has digital copies of the instruction kit available online. They should consider including a download link in the order confirmation or on the product page, thus giving customers the option of viewing it electronically or printing it out.

. . . always have the $2 instruction manual checked, if you uncheck it, it's now your liability. You could even have a pop-up, when you uncheck it, that confirms that you know the risks.

Last edited:
IMO the instruction manual continues to evolve and since FWK is still new to the market they use the manual to keep customers updated with the newest process. The last one I bought was a rosé and the cover identifies itself as Tavola Whites, Blushes and Rosés. I usually read through it to see what’s changed. At least the instructional pages. As for the story part I don’t read it every time but I think it shows pride in his work to include it. Wasteful? Maybe but Matteo obviously thinks it’s worth including. I use the checklist (another evolved feature) and make notes on it while putting the kit together that later get transferred to my book. Mine do go in the recycle bin once I’m done with them. I’ve bought 14 of these kits (10 batches) but only have three manuals still. My wife keeps asking me what I’m going to do with all the coolers. Can’t bring myself to throw them out yet.

My wife keeps asking me what I’m going to do with all the coolers. Can’t bring myself to throw them out yet.
Some of mine arrived cracked -- they did their job, keeping the concentrate cool, but rough handling is rough handling. I have several that are in perfect shape, and can't bring myself to toss 'em, either. My son took several on a guy's weekend (friend got married so the guys rented a mountain cabin to hang out) as disposable coolers.

Some of mine arrived cracked -- they did their job, keeping the concentrate cool, but rough handling is rough handling. I have several that are in perfect shape, and can't bring myself to toss 'em, either. My son took several on a guy's weekend (friend got married so the guys rented a mountain cabin to hang out) as disposable coolers.
Coolers? Mine came in a silver bag in a cardboard box.

So I’m a little embarrassed to find there’s actually a checklist at the end of the instructions. Don’t know if they were there in the early instruction manuals, but it’s at the very end of the one that was included in the Forte Merlot. 🙄

Still, it’s literally just a checklist. I may go ahead with using my own.

No styrofoam box.
Yes, I gathered that from your post, was answering your “Coolers”? Question. Maybe it depends on estimated shipping time whether one gets the “cooler” box or not. You’re post is not the first I’ve seen saying there was no styrofoam inner box iirc.
I just received 2 FWKs on Wednesday and 2 more yesterday and all 4 were in the box with an inner styrofoam box.

Yes, I gathered that from your post, was answering your “Coolers”? Question. Maybe it depends on estimated shipping time whether one gets the “cooler” box or not. You’re post is not the first I’ve seen saying there was no styrofoam inner box iirc.
I just received 2 FWKs on Wednesday and 2 more yesterday and all 4 were in the box with an inner styrofoam box.
If you don’t mind me asking, what was the cost of a kit and shipping separately. Shipping always makes the product so much more expensive.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was the cost of a kit and shipping separately. Shipping always makes the product so much more expensive.
I ordered 4 last September $535 total of which $53.55 was shipping
Ordered 2 in April when they had 15% off(IIRC, some discount sale) for delivery in May $246 total of which $31.80 was shipping
Ordered 2 more last week when they had a free shipping sale $230 total zero shipping
I’m in Delaware and am have a lifetime 10% discount due to being an “early adopter” or something like that.

It is amusing to me that some are trying to determine when and why kits are shipped in Styrofoam boxes or insulated bags as though there were some rational guidelines related to distance, time in shipping, content, etc., when the real reason is more likely that it depends on what shipping materials are available at the time the order is filled.

So I’m a little embarrassed to find there’s actually a checklist at the end of the instructions. Don’t know if they were there in the early instruction manuals, but it’s at the very end of the one that was included in the Forte Merlot.
The checklist was not originally present -- it was added last fall, probably based on feedback from this thread. I recall it being discussed.

I ordered 4 last September $535 total of which $53.55 was shipping
Ordered 2 in April when they had 15% off(IIRC, some discount sale) for delivery in May $246 total of which $31.80 was shipping
Ordered 2 more last week when they had a free shipping sale $230 total zero shipping.
I’m in Delaware and am have a lifetime 10% discount due to being an “early adopter” or something like that.
Thanks for the thorough report. I wish I knew about the free shipping deal. Also, what is the difference between the Forte and Tavola series?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back