Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can freeze them 6-9 months. 😃

I kept mine in the fridge for about a week and they were fine. The instructions say to keep skin packs in the freezer and the concentrate in the fridge or freezer. I don't know how comfortable I would be freezing the concentrate for months, though. That's partly why I didn't take advantage of the free shipping on FWKs at Label Peelers - I wouldn't be able to make them for a few months.

Hey Joe, when you do can you ask them to make them available to order on their website under their labels section? I had the same question.

You can freeze them 6-9 months. 😃
NOW he tells me! :slp

I have a freezer full of raspberries and peaches that I should probably use before I add these kits . . . but at least I know so I can stock up when there's free shipping! :D Maybe I should wait until I bottle the 25 gallons of wine aging now, though . . .

NOW he tells me! :slp

I have a freezer full of raspberries and peaches that I should probably use before I add these kits . . . but at least I know so I can stock up when there's free shipping! :D Maybe I should wait until I bottle the 25 gallons of wine aging now, though . . .
who says you can't use these in a blend with a finer kit?

The Forte kits are heavy hitters, higher ABV to provide more oomph. Your numbers are correct.

Regarding ABV calculations -- All ABV calculators provide an approximation. There are numerous formulas of varying accuracy. Also, the formula changes depending on the ABV itself, e.g., a different calculation is made if the ABV is 10-14% vs 15-18%.

I think that's why they call them "Forte", isn't it?

Lookie, lookie, lookie, Christmas in February!
100_1851.JPG
My three FWK Forte Merlots arrived and, of course, my bride and I pounced on them immediately.
100_1852.JPG100_1853.JPG100_1854.JPG
The yeasties are multiplying (some of the more advanced are doing second order Diff Eqs) and I await Saturday morning to pitch them into the wine.

The Merlot looks spectacular, and I adjusted the ISG to 1.100. With an estimated FSG of 0.995, that would give an ABV of between 13.75% and 14%.

At Finer Wine Kits, we believe in making an honest living profit from honest thoughtful work. A few prices did change over the past few days. Label Peelers also reduced the sale price to 25% and the savings from shipping easily eclipses that difference. Furthermore we have no intention of raising prices to place our product in the same "price class" as other wine kit makers. Our prices are solely based off material, juice, labor and other cost to bring this product to the home winemaker. No changes are planned going forward. Future price changes may occur as costs vary but our prices will never be based on anything beyond real numbers and the cost of doing business.

Finer Wine Kits

Matteo, I tried to take advantage of free shipping, but it would not take. I live in San Diego County. Is that the reason? I am a current customer.

Latest posts

Back