Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, my $$, my choice to spend at companies that don't feature sexist/racist promo materials bombarding my email.
sex·ist

adjective
characterized by or showing prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

Based on the above, I fail to see how the email can be deemed "sexist" any more than a box of Wheaties with a swimmer in a bathing suit can be.

Last edited:
Yep, my $$, my choice to spend at companies that don't feature sexist/racist promo materials bombarding my email.
sex·ist

adjective
characterized by or showing prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

Based on the above, I fail to see how the email can be deemed "sexist" any more than a box of Wheaties with a swimmer in a bathing suit can be

Last edited:
Let's stop with the politics and stop attacking people for their personal buying choices.

Things we all can agree on:
  • The Frutta FWK branding/ads/labels feature sexualized caricatures of women
  • LP/FWK is free to use whatever branding they want to sell their product (subject to copyright, legal-ese, etc)
  • There are many brands of wine kits, the vast majority of which don't use images of women in their branding at all
  • People are free to spend their money however they want and base buying choices on whatever criteria they wish
  • There exist people who won't buy wine kits branded with sexualized, caricatured women
  • There exist people who will buy wine kits regardless of branding
Overall, if LP/FWK wants to broaden the appeal of the Frutta series and increase sales, they'll change the branding. No culture war required.

I agree with @cmason1957.
Might I add that what I saw was not only a ageless tattoo but also an image that flew into many battles on a B17 bomber in WWII. My Grandfather flew in one of those B17's and was shot down behind enemy lines where he became a POW in Germany!
I am very PROUD of him and his service as I am of this ageless image and what it meant to countless service men and women.
They fought for all of us to have the freedom of speech that we so enjoy.

Last edited:
For you to assume that we all agree on any of those things is the height of cancel culture. What I saw were tattoo designs that are ageless as labels.

True! So very true! The real meaning - "You will think like me and agree with me or I will do whatever it takes to shut you down".

I find it amusing and disheartening that some who declaim "cancel culture" manage, somehow, to exclaim "the invisible hand of capitalism" at the same time without any sense of irony or self-awareness.
Need some dressing for that word salad? Capitalism is simply a free market. Any distortion of that, or "invisible hands" and we no longer have a free market.

Adam Smith's invisible hands concept is literally the basis for free market capitalism.

https://www.investopedia.com/
"Smith's "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations" was published during the first Industrial Revolution and the same year as the American Declaration of Independence. Smith’s invisible hand became one of the primary justifications for an economic system of free-market capitalism."

Adam Smith's invisible hands concept is literally the basis for free market capitalism.

https://www.investopedia.com/
"Smith's "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations" was published during the first Industrial Revolution and the same year as the American Declaration of Independence. Smith’s invisible hand became one of the primary justifications for an economic system of free-market capitalism."
A free market is a free market right up until a supposed "authority" gets their hands into the pie. Then we end up with the problem we've had for at least 100 years now, crony capitalism.

Need some dressing for that word salad? Capitalism is simply a free market. Any distortion of that, or "invisible hands" and we no longer have a free market.

As @Jovimaple said, the invisible hand concept is straight-up free-market capitalism. As in your post #772. My comment referred ONLY to that. No authority figures have been invoked anywhere on this thread, AFAIK.

Cancel culture DOES serve a purpose,

Personally I am a Baby Boomer, and I laugh at all these virtue signaling children... as someone earlier said "my money, my choice." I had not heard of these kits until now, and the marketing you fools give companies like this is invaluable. Sure, other virtue signalling fools may follow your lead and not patronize the companies (and I would guess that few would drop $100 on a wine kit anyway - unless of course it came with avocado toast) but your tears have little effect on boomers with expendable income, I just pre-ordered thanks to your complaining.

:br

If you don't like the labels but want but want the product, just reliable. It not rocket science. Or don't use them.

Peel them off, label over them if you want the product, that simple.
There are other people who you can buy from.
WALKER'S, comes into mjnd

Back