Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't heard anyhing beyond that many of us bought April 5th, and it warned then that orders would be fulfilled in 2-4 weeks (which would be between yesterday and May 3rd). They never updated the 2-4 week warning, it is still up on the label peeler website even though all 6 kits are sold out now. I assume that they (or the shipper) will email when it has shipped (or when shipping info is first entered), and specifically asked for that heads up, so I can have my preferred primary empty and ready to go.

They seem pretty responsive if emailed.

Matt is very responsive. Been buying kits from him for 6 years now and have never been disappointed with LP’s customer service. I was just hoping someone was more impatient than I and already emailed him to ask. 😬

I needed to be sure the kit wouldn’t be delivered during a certain time period, so I messages them via their website. The prompt reply was, “The Finer Wine Kits won't be shipping out until the first or second week of May.”
Has anyone had any indication of when these kits will ship. I'm anxious to try something new.

Any idea when LP will have more kits for sale?

Cheers!
No idea, but my best guess is that they won't put new ones up for sale, until they ship out the 2nd run. I think that they are learning as they go and scale up from 3 to 6 kits, plus seemingly more of each offered for sale in the 2nd run. Last we heard, 2nd run ships in a week or two (but it's possible that has changed).

But they are very responsive to emails, so if you ask let us know what they say. Otherwise, I think you can just create an account on their site and then 'wishlist' a Finer Wines kit or two, and that will prompt them to email you when they are going on sale again.

I have it straight from the horses mouth that they will be shipping the latest orders sometime this week.

I sent them an email asking what the timeline was a week or so ago, since I will be out of town end of next week. Matt replied recently replied saying shipping end of next week and they are holding mine to ship a bit later, and that's why I love dealing with them.

I have it straight from the horses mouth that they will be shipping the latest orders sometime this week.

I sent them an email asking what the timeline was a week or so ago, since I will be out of town end of next week. Matt replied recently replied saying shipping end of next week and they are holding mine to ship a bit later, and that's why I love dealing with them.
That's great, thanks for the update!

I figured next week at the earliest so started my RJS Super Tuscan 12 days ago, only put it under airlock for EM yesterday morning, so maybe my shorter EM will be even shorter than I thought but no problem, really eager to try the Finer Wine Super Tuscan and compare the two. And it will take time to ship to me in CA by FedEx ground, and warm up to room temp while I start the yeast starter, plus I will primary in a bucket before moving to Speidel. So I can probably still get at least 4 weeks in Speidel (primary + EM = total time on grape skins) for the RJS when all is said and done. However long it is I plan to do the Finer Wines for the same duration, just to keep the comparison fair.

Although if I'm trying to be totally fair I would just rehydrate the same BM 4x4 with Go Ferm, as that is what I did with the RJS, rather than a yeast starter. Skip bentonite in both, etc. Fair is fair I suppose.

Question for the masses: I've done extended maceration on a couple of kits and have been happy with the results. I'm tempted to try it on this one, but this is closer to fresh grapes, so I'm questioning myself. Any thoughts? Maybe I should just make it per the instructions (mostly) and experiment w/ the next one.

Question for the masses: I've done extended maceration on a couple of kits and have been happy with the results. I'm tempted to try it on this one, but this is closer to fresh grapes, so I'm questioning myself. Any thoughts? Maybe I should just make it per the instructions (mostly) and experiment w/ the next one.

I am planning on doing an EM on mine when I get it.

No idea, but my best guess is that they won't put new ones up for sale, until they ship out the 2nd run. I think that they are learning as they go and scale up from 3 to 6 kits, plus seemingly more of each offered for sale in the 2nd run. Last we heard, 2nd run ships in a week or two (but it's possible that has changed).

But they are very responsive to emails, so if you ask let us know what they say. Otherwise, I think you can just create an account on their site and then 'wishlist' a Finer Wines kit or two, and that will prompt them to email you when they are going on sale again.
[/QUOTE

That is why I did several weeks ago . They are very responsive to emails. I was notify mine will ship on Monday, takes six days in transit to Seattle. I’m excited. Most likely I’ll follow the instructions. Still a newbie.

My experience so far (Cab and Merlot):

Fedex took 8 days to Seattle but contents were still below 60 degrees, no issues. The juice bag is lighter than other kits but with the styrofoam cooler the packaging is much bigger. Does that really save shipping costs?

Instructions. Unlike other kits, you get a 20 page spiral bound book. A little wordy. Heavy emphasis on sanitation, "Don't make wine in your kitchen or bathroom". Ha! If it weren't for those rooms I wouldn't be an aspiring home winemaker! Includes a nice bio on the kit creator and his vision for a better process.

Instructions call for rehydrating the yeast for a day, which I've never done before. Worked well. RC-212 took off almost instantly, hit 1.000 in 5 days.

Skins are very dry, soak up a lot of wine. After squeezing by hand they still contain a lot of juice. I started with 6 gallons in the primaries, ended up with 5-1/2 in the carboys.

So far, so good. Let us know how your journey goes.

Latest posts

Back