Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you’re looking for a second chance here, LP is doing pre-orders for an expanded offering of these kits. Opens Monday at 10:30.

If I’m lucky enough, I’m grabbing two of the same varietal and maybe running it through my barrel.
Thanks for the heads up, I don't have an LP account yet so great to know in advance of the sale!

I received my Merlot with double skins yesterday. Placed it in the refrigerator as I plan on starting this on Monday. I’m excited to try, have read the instruction booklet and watched their videos a few weeks ago.

Super Tuscan with double skins, $135 to ship out to California ($26 FedEx Ground), asked for an email when it ships (maybe that is standard protocol for Label Peelers) as I want to have my only Speidel ready to go for primary with an extended maceration.

Very happy to have an RJS Super Tuscan EP kit too (old 18L size) to compare and contrast, will plan to do each one for same extended maceration duration and same BM4x4 yeast and nutrient additions. Very curious, I love that Finer Wine is shipped fresh/cold/insulated, and since I'm paying for shipping the concentration saves me money; but on the other hand, 18L of juice+concentrate vs. 6L is quite a big difference, and I got the RJS EP for just $8 more including shipping.

Super Tuscan with double skins, $135 to ship out to California ($26 FedEx Ground), asked for an email when it ships (maybe that is standard protocol for Label Peelers) as I want to have my only Speidel ready to go for primary with an extended maceration.

Very happy to have an RJS Super Tuscan EP kit too (old 18L size) to compare and contrast, will plan to do each one for same extended maceration duration and same BM4x4 yeast and nutrient additions. Very curious, I love that Finer Wine is shipped fresh/cold/insulated, and since I'm paying for shipping the concentration saves me money; but on the other hand, 18L of juice+concentrate vs. 6L is quite a big difference, and I got the RJS EP for just $8 more including shipping.
Interested to hear how this goes as I’ve made the Super Tuscan before. I ordered the Cab Sauv today.

Any thoughts on this product? Looked like a good deal to me so I went to pre-order one of each. Got 2 out of 3 since the Super Tuscan was already sold out.
Wine Making - Wine Kits - Finer Wine Kits - Label Peelers
Thanks for the heads up - I would not have known about these otherwise! Ordered the double skins Super Tuscan and Cabernet Sauvignon. Excited to try these. :) $241.00 for both delivered to me.

Last edited:
Just ordered a double skin Zinfandel. I was also going to order 2 but wanted to see how these are first. Did not read anything about it being a pre order. When are they supposed to ship?

I also have an RJS Super Tuscan ready to start and almost ordered the same Finer Wine to compare, but opted for the Pinot. Will still be very interested in your comparison when they're ready!

Interested to hear how this goes as I’ve made the Super Tuscan before. I ordered the Cab Sauv today.
I also have an RJS Super Tuscan ready to start and almost ordered the same Finer Wine to compare, but opted for the Pinot. Will still be very interested in your comparison when they're ready!
Will definitely post my thoughts on the comparison. Downside is I only have one 30L Speidel to do extended maceration in, so my plan is to basically move my already-fermented RJS EP Amarone-style out of the Speidel and into secondary when I learn that the Finer Wine Super Tuscan has shipped (the Amarone has already been in for 37 days now so it is getting a nice long EM regardless of when Finer Wine ships). I have the RJS Super Tuscan EP 18L at home, but have not started it (nor made it ever before).

So the Finer Wine Super Tuscan will jump the line ahead of the RJS Super Tuscan (no room in my fridge to keep Finer Wines fresh), and I will probably do a shorter EM of 4-6 weeks total for each, so they are not that far apart in age, but really won't be planning to do any real comparisons either till both EM and do 3-6 months of bulk ageing, and the real test will be when both have been in the bottle for a few months.

But if I have strong opinions or impressions just based on tasting gravity samples I'll try to report back earlier.

If you’re looking for a second chance here, LP is doing pre-orders for an expanded offering of these kits. Opens Monday at 10:30.

If I’m lucky enough, I’m grabbing two of the same varietal and maybe running it through my barrel.
I was able to order the Cab. and double skins yesterday morning at “opening bell”!😊

Last edited:
Not saying that there’s a connection to these kits or not, but the juice / concentrate business made a move last year. Same year the big kit makers went to more concentrated kits, and a new kit line showed up....

Constellation sells Mega Purple to Vie-Del - The Drinks Business

I’m in no way maligning these kits, nor insinuating that they contain MegaPurple, or have anything to do with this acquisition, just sharing an article that happens to be about the concentrate / juice industry.

Will definitely post my thoughts on the comparison. Downside is I only have one 30L Speidel to do extended maceration in, so my plan is to basically move my already-fermented RJS EP Amarone-style out of the Speidel and into secondary when I learn that the Finer Wine Super Tuscan has shipped (the Amarone has already been in for 37 days now so it is getting a nice long EM regardless of when Finer Wine ships). I have the RJS Super Tuscan EP 18L at home, but have not started it (nor made it ever before).

So the Finer Wine Super Tuscan will jump the line ahead of the RJS Super Tuscan (no room in my fridge to keep Finer Wines fresh), and I will probably do a shorter EM of 4-6 weeks total for each, so they are not that far apart in age, but really won't be planning to do any real comparisons either till both EM and do 3-6 months of bulk ageing, and the real test will be when both have been in the bottle for a few months.

But if I have strong opinions or impressions just based on tasting gravity samples I'll try to report back earlier.
You may be able to use a 7 gallon bucket for fermentation. I did the Finer Wines Cab Sauv with double skins and really didn't get much foaming action. Definitely could have used the bucket for that. Super Tuscan may or may not be similar. On the other hand, every bold red RJS EP I've done had a lot of foaming and definitely needed the extra room of the Speidel. And thanks for your follow up!

Latest posts

Back