Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took a screenshot, it shows me $127…is that price reflective of the 10% discount some of you get from the early promo perhaps?

Attachments

• D65AF203-AB9D-4148-9703-8E4806F7143F.png
    D65AF203-AB9D-4148-9703-8E4806F7143F.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
I just took a screenshot, it shows me $127…is that price reflective of the 10% discount some of you get from the early promo perhaps?
Yes, I am signed up for the discount. But regardless of that, their pricing hasn't really changed. The Tavola Zin with double skins I ordered back in May of 2021 is only $3 more as of today.

Yes, I am signed up for the discount. But regardless of that, their pricing hasn't really changed. The Tavola Zin with double skins I ordered back in May of 2021 is only $3 more as of today.
I only order Forte, so can only speak to that pricing. Well I have my invoice from 1/5 ($113) and again today ($127) and those are the prices I was charged. 🤷‍♂️

I only order Forte, so can only speak to that pricing. Well I have my invoice from 1/5 ($113) and again today ($127) and those are the prices I was charged. 🤷‍♂️
Maybe you caught a sale back on 1/5? The Forte prices on the site today are the exact same as the kits I ordered back in October 2021.

Maybe you caught a sale back on 1/5? The Forte prices on the site today are the exact same as the kits I ordered back in October 2021.
Make no difference….at $127 plus s&h it works out to about $160 for me on a Forte kit (west coast delv). A WE PR or RJS EP is the same price. So the way I see it, I pay the same price now for FWK as others but have a better quality kit, so I’m good. Now if the kits go higher to where they are $20-40 more than those others, I may re-evaluate.

Something is not exactly the same. I just duplicated my order from last month. 2 Petit Syrah kits, applied the free shipping coupon and it was about $25 cheaper but shipping last month was $43. So cost of the kits were up some but the free shipping would save me some $

Has anybody tested the pH and TA on the Petite Sirah Forte kit? Just bought one last night with the free shipping.
I may use it as the juice/extraskins for a second run on some nice cab skins. I would probably need to put it through malolactic since I usual co-ferment yeast and ML.
I would want to adjust the PH/TA preferment a bit to account for the ML.

Something is not exactly the same. I just duplicated my order from last month. 2 Petit Syrah kits, applied the free shipping coupon and it was about $25 cheaper but shipping last month was $43. So cost of the kits were up some but the free shipping would save me some $
Last month was not October according to my calandar. So it appears pricing had gone down for a time last month, maybe a sale, then returned to exactly where it had started.
It borders on insane when people start attacking Finer for jacking up prices when they haven't increased one cent in almost 6 months, during a time when inflation has been spinning out of control.

Last edited:
@Brian55 …I am not seeing anyone “attacking” Finer so not sure where you are coming from there.. I do see a number of us simply making the observation that todays price is not the same as what we have paid for recent orders. Whether that is due to Label Peelers having sales or not, it is the fact. In fact, I would fully expect as I have said in the past, for them to parity price their products at some point to their competitors, that’s not an attack, just a good business practice, why sell a better product at a lower price than the competitors. So therefore, I am buying as much as I can now and building a stockpile before that happens. Cheers

At Finer Wine Kits, we believe in making an honest living profit from honest thoughtful work. A few prices did change over the past few days. Label Peelers also reduced the sale price to 25% and the savings from shipping easily eclipses that difference. Furthermore we have no intention of raising prices to place our product in the same "price class" as other wine kit makers. Our prices are solely based off material, juice, labor and other cost to bring this product to the home winemaker. No changes are planned going forward. Future price changes may occur as costs vary but our prices will never be based on anything beyond real numbers and the cost of doing business.

Finer Wine Kits

Back