Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Old Corker

Phil
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Bordeaux update: Wednesday afternoon (Day 3) SG 1.034. Temp back up to 78F. Showing signs of slowing down. I removed the water jug as it was now completely thawed. Checked it again before bed and it had dropped to 1.025 and holding temp at 79F. Thursday morning (Day 4) SG 1.012 and temp holding at 79F. We were planning a late Thanksgiving dinner so I decided to go ahead and rack into the Big Mouth Bubblers. By 10:30am SG was at 1.010 and temp was 78F. Transferred into 2 BMBs and a 1 gal. jug and put them under airlock. Bubbling along steadily now.701FDF05-109A-44EC-8CAB-C80974AA8057.jpeg

RonNH

Junior
Reaction score
I have made many WE wine kits from Label Peelers with good success, although when they super-concentrated the kits, the quality seemed a little off, at least with the whites that I made. When the Finer Wine kits made their debut, I jumped on the bandwagon, I wanted to try a Chardonnay but those were backordered so I went with the Pinot Noir without the grape skin pack as I'm not a heavy red wine drinker. The end result was amazingly good, at least to my liking. The Pinot had some good vanilla/oak tones and a good round mouthfeel. It was so much better than the mass produced Pinot's and sadly, I only have five bottles left. I finally got my Chardonnay kit after a few months of backorder waiting, it has another week to ferment so we'll see how that kit turns out. Both kits were the Tuscan series, very affordable and IMHO, a better wine kit than the WE higher end kits. Being shipped cold and not pasturized seems to improve the taste. The first part of the fermentation is a three step process with the yeast (Lalvin) and yeast boosters, after that it's similar to any other kit as far as racking. The Finer Wine kits are definitely worth trying but you might have to wait for your order. A FW rep I emailed said Label Peelers are their exclusive distributor but as the kits gain steam, they will ramp up production and will be more available.

G259

Reaction score
I can't wait for these to be aged! I have Tavolta: Red Zin., Bordeaux, and Chardonnay going. I also have a Forte Super Tuscan on ice.
I sampled the Zin. immediately after fermentation, and was nodding my head!

Latest posts