Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing my Riesling dry as well. I thought about saving the F-pack to use to fortify something but the ingredients say it also contains sorbate. May just save it for a skeeter pee batch. Was you concentrate dark in color? I know that dark color in a white wine doesn't necessarily affect the taste but it is an aesthetic concern if it doesn't lighten up.
Yep, pretty amber. But like winemaker81 states, it should be okay. However, to be honest, I don't care. If it offends a guest then it leaves more for me.

I thought of the EXACT same song when I read that, but truth be told, I REALLY prefer the Post Modern Jukebox version over the Meghan Trainor one :)

Crap. I'm getting old. I like the Post Modern version much better (and a lot of what they do), but I never thought to look for their music video. Spotify has ruined me from video's.

Also, I haven't tried a Finer Wine Kit yet, let alone a Forte series. That said, I think I'll put another order in from Label Peelers and drive over later to pick it up (I have an order in for bottles). Maybe the Bordeaux or Syrah (if they are in stock). After all, I have a fermenter opening up this weekend and grape packs with seeds sounds interesting.

I got an email saying that FWKs are 40% off, but when I tried to order one, it is coming up with the listed price.

For those who have been Label Peelers customers for a while, is that normal for their sales? In other words, should I expect that the current price listed is actually the sale price, or should I expect to see the price be 40% less than the listed price when the item is in my cart?

I got an email saying that FWKs are 40% off, but when I tried to order one, it is coming up with the listed price.

For those who have been Label Peelers customers for a while, is that normal for their sales? In other words, should I expect that the current price listed is actually the sale price, or should I expect to see the price be 40% less than the listed price when the item is in my cart?
I just ordered a FWK kit and there is a discount shown on the ordering page. Prices are shown marked down from full price. And in my case, it was 40% off.

I have been using LP for awhile, but not over a year. That said, I haven't had an email with discounts listed. That would be kind of nice.

Lastly, I know on checkout they ask if there is a discount or coupon code. If your email has a code, I would enter that in the box...but if there is not code, and it is not reflected on the item description page, I would give them a call. They have always assisted on my calls, even walking into the cooler with me on the phone looking to see if they have certain grapes or what their condition is.

A word of caution - I started my Riesling & Moscato kits yesterday, went in today and everything is moving along nicely. So I gave them a stir, the Riesling was fine, but the Moscato came out of the fermentor, lost about 1/2 inch of volume. Now, I'm using 30L Speidels so I have 7L of headspace, so to say the foaming is excessive may be an understatement. I am somewhat concerned with adding the nutrient pack tomorrow. The wine smells really fragrant, so I'm looking forward to both. Just beware that the Moscato wants to vigorously foam, so be gentle with the stirring.

Last edited:
I just ordered a FWK kit and there is a discount shown on the ordering page. Prices are shown marked down from full price. And in my case, it was 40% off.

I have been using LP for awhile, but not over a year. That said, I haven't had an email with discounts listed. That would be kind of nice.

Lastly, I know on checkout they ask if there is a discount or coupon code. If your email has a code, I would enter that in the box...but if there is not code, and it is not reflected on the item description page, I would give them a call. They have always assisted on my calls, even walking into the cooler with me on the phone looking to see if they have certain grapes or what their condition is.
I believe the price LP is selling for is 40% off of MSRP, every day.

I believe the price LP is selling for is 40% off of MSRP, every day.
I think you're right in that they normally sell at a discount. I did compare to what I have purchased recently and the current quoted "sale" price is a little cheaper. I have found that LP prices are a bit less than their competitors when you add shipping vs the so-called free shipping price. They don't sell RJS so I'm only able to compare Wine Expert kits. Your mileage may vary as my comparison is based on shipping cost to central Texas.

Yep, the reds will do that too. All the sugars dropped out of my riesling, poured out the liquid and at least 1/3 of the bag was sugar, took 5 bag washings to get it all out.
Mine was like that too. I laid it out on the table with the sugar on top and let it fall back through the liquid. Did that a few times and until it was kind of suspended in the juice before I poured. Still had to rinse it three times but think I got it all. SG was 1.095

I got my 2 Forte Bordeaux kits yesterday. This weather is much better for shipping them to Texas than the ones I got back in August😅. The bags were not labeled with the volume as the previous FWKs have been. They seem bigger but are in different bags so its hard to tell. These are supposed to be formulated for a higher ABV but I don't know if that means they are using more concentrate or a different concentrate.

Well, I am officially back into wine making after selling off all of my equipment in anticipation of our aborted move to Florida. Based on what I have read on this forum, I took the plunge with the Finer Wine series and I have triple batches of Cabernet Sauvignon and Super Tuscan (Forte Series) and a single kit of Sauvignon Blanc (Tavola Series) which I started yesterday.

I am very impressed with the quality of the kits, the documentation that comes with each kit, the packaging and on and on. The concentrate is so thick and that is the hardest part of making these kits. I have seen jams and preserves that were not as thick!

I have also ordered a Zinfandel (Forte Series) and will get that going next week.

"In for a penny, in for a pound!"

Started a Tavola Series Chardonnay beginning of the week. Stirring it the day after fermentation began produced very little foam that dissipated fast. Because of comments I've read, I was careful when adding the second nutrient packet. But nothing out of the ordinary happened. There was some hissing and a very brief puff of foam and that's it. It's perking along nicely!

Latest posts

Back