Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I think happened it transformed itself from what it was , ton what it is ,wine can do that. It all depends on how solid the base wine was ( structure).
Hard to explain.

Just got a promotional email for the new Frutta fruit wine series - strawberry, blackberry, blueberry.

What possessed Label Peelers to choose scantily clad women for the artwork when they had literally infinite other options? Completely inappropriate for a wine kit.

Attachments

• 1633387015173.png
    1633387015173.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 97
What possessed Label Peelers to choose scantily clad women for the artwork when they had literally infinite other options? Completely inappropriate for a wine kit.
I wholeheartedly agree. I really hope those images aren't anywhere on the outside of the packaging. Or anywhere on the packaging, to be honest.

Last edited:
Just got a promotional email for the new Frutta fruit wine series - strawberry, blackberry, blueberry.

Yes, the images are cheesy and sexist and hopefully will soon be corrected and not associated with the packaging of that wine (boxes they ship in or the optional labels you can buy).

What's even more inappropriate is that you posted the image here in our forum! By doing so you have chosen to make this a sexist issue here where it does not belong. If you are offended or find it to be offensive I would suggest that you take it up with Finer Wine and/or LabelPeelers and not do so here!
Just my 2 cents on this manner.

I didn't expect to see anything like this in 2021! Seriously!

What's even more inappropriate is that you posted the image here in our forum!
Well, here's my 2 cents; I think it is a appropriate post given all the other posts made here that should have been addressed to the producers costumer service department.

What's even more inappropriate is that you posted the image here in our forum! By doing so you have chosen to make this a sexist issue here where it does not belong. If you are offended or find it to be offensive I would suggest that you take it up with Finer Wine and/or LabelPeelers and not do so here!
Just my 2 cents on this manner.
I'm not sure if you're kidding to not. We can debate whether it is appropriate to post this here although it seems it would be up to the moderators to decide that. What I don't understand is how @kilendra chose to make this a sexist issue just by bringing to our attention.

I sent LP an email about the labels before posting here - it would be great if others also contact them. Haven't gotten a response yet, but it's been less than a day.

Don't like it? Don't buy it.
.. particularly since, you do have to pay for those labels. If you don't like them, find them offensive, don't buy them.

These statements demonstrate that it can only help LP/FWK's business to change the artwork - why continue using branding that some customers won't buy because it's tasteless/sexist? I'm hoping that this artwork was just a temporary lapse in judgment that they'll change after realizing it will cost them $. I'm relatively new to winemaking and like LP/FWK's products - hope to keep buying kits (with tasteful artwork) from them for a long time.

Moving on from labels: my FWK syrah is ready to rack for bulk aging - used a single skin pack. It's been 2 weeks since the first racking, degassing, and adding the finishing packet + kieselsol/chitosan. The wine has dropped a lot of sediment (~1/2" thick layer) and is now looking pretty clear. This is only my second kit ever and it feels like it's going a lot smoother than my first one.

I, too, sent them a message. As I mentioned above, I did preorder a blackberry but I am struggling with it and considered cancelling. I decided to let it be for now - people make mistakes. Hopefully they will do some market research and realize that sending these images on every promo email might drive away some business. Who knows - maybe their target audience just isn't me and I will end up spending my dollars elsewhere.

In the meantime, I racked my FWK Barbera (no skins) off the lees a couple weeks ago. I plan to bulk age it for at least 6 months before bottling. Hubby and I are not huge fans of dry wine, so I may do some bench testing with backsweetening part of it. This is my first experience with Barbera so maybe I will end up liking it as-is.

I, too, sent them a message. As I mentioned above, I did preorder a blackberry but I am struggling with it and considered cancelling. I decided to let it be for now - people make mistakes. Hopefully they will do some market research and realize that sending these images on every promo email might drive away some business. Who knows - maybe their target audience just isn't me and I will end up spending my dollars elsewhere.

In the meantime, I racked my FWK Barbera (no skins) off the lees a couple weeks ago. I plan to bulk age it for at least 6 months before bottling. Hubby and I are not huge fans of dry wine, so I may do some bench testing with backsweetening part of it. This is my first experience with Barbera so maybe I will end up liking it as-is.
Really??? You would seriously consider not purchasing an item because a promotional email for the product contains a caricature of a scantily clad woman???

Really??? You would seriously consider not purchasing an item because a promotional email for the product contains a caricature of a scantily clad woman???
A majority of young consumer expect Brands to act on diversity, equality and other similar things or they will flee the Brand.

Back