Other Finer Wine Kits new process white wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, we’re having a 35% off anniversary sale plus we are offering people the opportunity to get into the discount for life program with the purchase. You guys should all be part of the program regardless of whether or not you buy anything now. Send an email to [email protected] with your info and tell them that Matteo wants this offer extended to you. Cheers!!! 🍷🎉

Last edited:
@Matteo_Lahm
Can you explain what that program is? I looked on the label peelers website and did not see anything.

Finer wine kits are marked 35% off. Buy one this week and follow the instructions in my message. Label Peelers will give you a code that you can use for all future finer wine kit purchases for an additional 10% off any sale price for life.

I don't think LP is giving us codes, I think that if you are logged in, their system automatically recognizes you and applies the 10% off, nothing else neeeded
It’s been that way for me from the beginning. If you got go to the website you see one price, then if you log in the price changes to show the 10% off price. I thought I was done until the fall harvest having just started a Pinot and have pre ordered a rosé. But for another 35% off I’ll have to think about it.

Any updates?
My FW Chardonnay is clearing and all the carbon is in the bottom. I’m attaching a photo of day 3 after racking. My concern is that the wine is not as light as I was expecting on the top area where it’s clearing.

Attachments

• 6031FC34-831C-4AD7-A1CC-EB6AD37DDDAA.jpeg
    6031FC34-831C-4AD7-A1CC-EB6AD37DDDAA.jpeg
    947.6 KB · Views: 53
Finer wine kits are marked 35% off. Buy one this week and follow the instructions in my message. Label Peelers will give you a code that you can use for all future finer wine kit purchases for an additional 10% off any sale price for life.
I just purchased the Super Tuscan kit. Can’t wait for it. Thanks Matteo!

My FW Chardonnay is clearing and all the carbon is in the bottom. I’m attaching a photo of day 3 after racking. My concern is that the wine is not as light as I was expecting on the top area where it’s clearing.
What you see in the carboy is magnified color. The following link is my detailed notes for the pre-carbon Chardonnay. Navigate down to the notes for 01/10/2022, where I show pictures of the carboy and the glass.

https://wine.bkfazekas.com/2021-finer-wine-kits-chardonnay-in-detail/
Until the wine fully clears, you won't be seeing the real color. Give it 2 weeks.

My niece's SB was black when they racked this afternoon after 14 days in primary. She degassed and added the K&C. An hour later the top 2" were clearing, so all is going as planned.
When the wine was racked from the primary fermenter to the carboy on day 14, what remained in the fermenter? Can she (or you) describe the sediment, i.e., color, consistency, amount, etc.?

Kross, I assume that you followed the directions in the kit and had the wine in your primary fermenter for about 14 days before racking to the carboy. Can you tell me, what was in the bottom of the primary fermenter when you racked to the wine out of it? Can you describe the sediment? e.g., its color, consistency, amount, etc. Also, do you have your date of purchase of the kit, and may I know it? Lastly, am I correct that this kit had the "bentonite" fix in it?

Thank you.

My Muscat is a little ahead of your Chardonnay and here is what it looked like today. It is clearing, in that it is becoming more translucent, but there is a gray cast to the wine. I am calling it "Moscato Grigio."

100_1899.JPG 100_1902.JPG

I'll ask -- she's not exactly local to me (750 miles north!). Stay tuned!
Thanks, Bryan. I would also like to know the date she purchased it, if that is available.

On another subject, you mentioned that you once lived in New York. Where in New York? I lived in Rochester from the late 80's to the late 90's.

Thanks, Bryan. I would also like to know the date she purchased it, if that is available.
2 week ago today. She's following the directions exactly.

On another subject, you mentioned that you once lived in New York. Where in New York? I lived in Rochester from the late 80's to the late 90's.
I grew up north of Utica, lived in Rome for 4 years (post-college), and my wife & I lived in Rochester for 2 years in the early 90's. The address was Rochester, but we were located between Spencerport and Chili.

2 week ago today. She's following the directions exactly.

I grew up north of Utica, lived in Rome for 4 years (post-college), and my wife & I lived in Rochester for 2 years in the early 90's. The address was Rochester, but we were located between Spencerport and Chili.
So, we were there at the same time. We lived in the Perinton/Fairport area, and I worked for Kodak at Corporate. My bride worked for Wegmans (Pharmacist). If you are familiar with Casa Larga Vineyards, our house was right across the street from the vineyard. We were good friends with the owner, Andy Coloruotolo and his family and he was also our builder. We loved the area, but things were changing with Kodak and Xerox "right-sizing." I retired early and moved to Columbus to be near our daughter and her family.

So, we were there at the same time.
I also worked for Kodak, as an IT consultant. In the spring '93 Kodak tanked, was laying off and not renewing contracts. We took it as a sign to leave NY, moved to NC, and are happy with the transition! My brother lived in Macedon, so we drove through Fairport on a regular basis.

Small world ......

Latest posts

Back