Fine Dining Establishments

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
Well Dan this is Cougar Bobs:

Mike and I have heard of Cougar Bob's but never went so two years ago we decided to go have dinner at Cougar Bob's. Our camp is probably 10 miles from Cougar Bob's.

Cougar Bob's is in Kelletville, PA. At one time the restaurant was a school. The building to this day, has the look of an old school building from the two story squared look to the big single pane windows. The parking lot is more dirt than gravel. We walked through the front door and the bar was directly in front of us about 20 feet away. There are no bar stools and bar looked like it was made out of plywood. The floor looks like it is 12" asbestos tile because they were old, I think anyway. There was so many scruff marks embedded in the floor it was kind of hard to see what color there were. I believe those scruff marks were probably from the students who went to school there years ago. We turned left to go into the dining area and the room is made up of mismatched dining room furniture from years of castaways. We take a seat and a young girl comes over with menus, Mike asked where the restrooms are at and she takes a step back, looks at Mike from head to toe and then says "You will do okay." and gives directions to where the restrooms are at. Mike asks here why she felt that he would be okay and she explained that when they installed the urinals they installed them sink high. So you had to be at least 6 feet tall or you would not be able to reach the urinal. At this point I was not going to ask about the women’s restrooms, heaven only knows what the heii I would find.

While I am looking at the menu I can see into the kitchen. The prep table is wooden, they probably would have no idea what stainless steel is and the cook is chopping something with a cigarette that has a 2 inch ash hanging from her mouth. That cigarette is going up and down and I know that ash is going to end up in someone’s food! So I look at the menu, they have the largest deep fried appetizer section I have ever seen. Holy Cow, they deep fried everything and 2.95 for each appetizer. Mike comes back and I ask how did it go and he said it was an experience. Well he turns his head, sees the cook, looks at the menu and says he thinks it would be better if we stayed with the deep fried food, the deep frying should kill anything that we would be concerned with.

The food came and actually it was not too bad. We paid the bill, left a tip, got the heii out of there and haven’t been back since.

Julie, With the name cougar I don't think food was the main coarse. Just how long was Mike gone. :):):):) And did he return with a smile on his face!! Oh yeah, you said the waitress was sizing him up :db:db:db

Last edited:
Sounds like quite the experience!:slp I think I would have turned around and found another place like even McDonalnds sounds better!

Julie, With the name cougar I don't think food was the main coarse. Just how long was Mike gone. :):):):) And did he return with a smile on his face!! Oh yeah, he waitress was sizing him up :db:db:db

Hey wait a minute, let me think ........ no I don't think he had a smile on his face. For crying out loud Dan, Mike would have been saying we had to go back!!!!!

Sounds like quite the experience!:slp I think I would have turned around and found another place like even McDonalnds sounds better!

Wade there probably isn't a McDonald's in 35 miles of that place. Think of the deep hills of WV or worse. In this area they don't even put there names on the mailboxes as they are all the same. Everyone lives in nasty shacks, drive new 4WD pick ups, have satellite antenna's and the best rifles. If you're not on disability or some kind of assistance your the odd ball!

Julie, I just did a google search under maps for Kelletville, PA and the first thing that came up was Cougar Bob's. Look at the address....
LOL

Cougar Bob's KelletvilleAddress:‎

Old 666
Tionesta, PA 16353

Wade there probably isn't a McDonald's in 35 miles of that place. Think of the deep hills of WV or worse. In this area they don't even put there names on the mailboxes as they are all the same. Everyone lives in nasty shacks, drive new 4WD pick ups, have satellite antenna's and the best rifles. If you're not on disability or some kind of assistance your the odd ball!

LOL, Gee Dan I didn't realize you were so knowledgable of the area. Wade, Dan is right, the closest fast food restaurant would be in Clarion and that is because it is a college town and Interstate 80 runs through it and Clarion is a distance away.

Julie, I just did a google search under maps for Kelletville, PA and the first thing that came up was Cougar Bob's. Look at the address....
LOL

Cougar Bob's KelletvilleAddress:‎

Old 666
Tionesta, PA 16353

Hey it is a happening place, since you like to take a long ride to find a restaurant you need to experience Cougar Bob's! :p

Runningwolf..i know all about them deep hills ( Hollers) of WVA

dont anyone expect cell reception in them hollers.....

Iventured into that neck of woods last summer, the town(village is closer)we were in, had 1 store, a beer store. They also sold chew and chips

Latest posts

Back