finding large buckets?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franc1969

Reaction score
Where do I look for larger buckets, cheap? I would love more of the 7.8 gallon fermenting buckets, usually branded BSG or store name. I want them cheap though, and am finding for about 21-26$ or more, new. Or anything with an interior measurement of 13 inch. I have RubberMaid trash cans for fermentation, so don't need that. I am storing in these, not fermenting, but want solid walls not open crate.

There used to be an eBay seller that regularly sold 6 gal food grade buckets in lots of 10 for $60 shipped, they had held cream or some kind of dairy products. A really quick eBay search just now didn’t show any but I only looked at the first 10 search results. I’m presuming you’re looking for food grade buckets?
you could check local restaurants-for buckets, Dunkin’ Donuts often sells their buckets too but the ones local to me only have 1,3, and 5 gallon buckets.
Im not saying you can’t find what you want “cheap” but the effects of covid have disrupted many supply chains so if you’re wedded to specifically 7.8 gal food grade buckets you may have to hit the hip for them!

Where do I look for larger buckets, cheap? I would love more of the 7.8 gallon fermenting buckets, usually branded BSG or store name. I want them cheap though, and am finding for about 21-26$ or more, new. Or anything with an interior measurement of 13 inch. I have RubberMaid trash cans for fermentation, so don't need that. I am storing in these, not fermenting, but want solid walls not open crate.

Maybe slightly cheaper but that seems to be the price.

I may have to bite the bullet on a couple. I can easily get smaller sizes, and 6 gallon when juices come in. it's the larger diameter I need, probably keep trying to find used small barrels.

Latest posts

Back