Finally registered

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewtus

Junior
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been lurking on this forum (and a few others) for about six months now. I just started making wine again this past September after a long 10 year hiatus. Bought a few En Primeur kits to get back into the swing of things and have been impressed with their progress so far. I plan on doing fresh juice once it becomes available next fall. A little about me:

A friend and I started brewing beer in 1988 while in college (mainly because we couldn't buy commercial beer legally ;)). Pretty much extract kits with some added hops, but they came out better than the commercial beers we tended to drink at the time (you have to remember that the whole microbrewery/craft brewing boom was just in its infancy back in the late '80's). Well, I was hooked. I sure wish I had access back then to all the information we can find on the internet nowadays. After half a dozen or so beer batches, I branched out to add winemaking to my repertoire. Lots and lots of fermented apple juice filled my carboys back then. After getting my chemistry degree and starting my career (i.e. added resources for equipment purchases), the brewing really took off. I started brewing all grain beer and making wine from fresh juice from local Ohio wineries, I even made 10 gallons of sparkling wine using the methode champenoise for my wedding. Time demands from my career and family started eating into my brewing sessions and by the late 90's, I stopped making wine completely and only brewed 1 or 2 batches of beer each fall. Such a sad story, I know...

Well I'm back now, and can thank all the folks who have posted here for creating a spark in my desire to start making wine once again. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back