Finally introducing myself

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this wonderful forum while searching the internet. This is the first year I have ventured into wine making. I have had friends that did it in the past and have always wanted to give it a try.

In October we bought our first starter kit that included all the equipment and a wine kit. We chose the Wine Experts Valpolicella for our first kit and we bottled that the day after Thanksgiving. Unfortunately being our first kit and the excitement that goes along with it, we only have 12 bottles left after gifting and sampling. (Don't worry, we told every one to wait another couple months to drink)

I started a 3 gallon batch of apple wine November 4th, the day after the elections, and it is progressing nicely I think.

We bought another kit last night, the Selection Original Chianti. I'm going to start that tonight and then probably the end of March will start one of the Island Mist series for sooner drinking to hold us over through the summer in hopes of allowing the Chianti more time to age.

Oh and after finding the forum, the mead looks very interesting, we are considering trying the JOAM mead.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. I am guessing you a Firefighter EMT? I am a paramedic.

Welcome to the forum.

Reborn wine makers here after a yearlong hiatus. Have four kits on the go and two in the wings.

Like you, one on the go is a Chianti....LOVE those big reds and also have an Orchard Breezin mist kit on deck for the same reason.....early drinking.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Darren

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. I am guessing you a Firefighter EMT? I am a paramedic.

Yes I am. Volunteer FF and EMT with with our local fire dept. It's fun, I enjoy it and it's someway to give back to the community which I live. I've been in the Dept for 6 years now.

Hi ffemt128,

It is so nice to see another Western PA person! Yeaaaaaaaa. :try

Julie

Unfortunately being our first kit and the excitement that goes along with it, we only have 12 bottles left after gifting and sampling. (Don't worry, we told every one to wait another couple months to drink)

This is the problem that virtually all of us have when we first come into this hobby. We just have to learn to make it faster than we can drink it.

:dg
Welcome.

Latest posts

Back